• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Star Wars really did get better

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I often wondered why it was necessary for George Lucas to re-release the classic Star Wars movies.

Well, my theories have all been dis-proven. Here is a real cool look at just how much better the quality of the film is in the more than just touched up version of "Empire" vs. the classic Empire.

http://www.starwars.com/episode-v/r.../pictureviewer.html?imgNum=1&world=episode-iv

I'm amazed at what they were able to do with it, and seeing them side by side really helps show how much nicer the new one looks.

:)

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
It was necessary because there was alot of stuff that Lucas wanted to put into the originals that he was not able to because the technology just did not exist yet that he would be able to do. But now that technology exists, and he wanted to add it. Plus it helps that have the technology to go back to the original and touch it up a little bit and make the picture a little clearer. I like the re-release of the originals.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Yeah, I prefer the re-releases over the originals now. My biggest drawing point is how they got rid of almost all of the clipping problems.

dDave

V.I.P.
The only problem that I have with the new releases is one scene in A New Hope, Han Solo goes to talk with Jabba The Hut before he takes Kenobi and Skywalker on the Millenium Falcon. The movie actually introduces him as Jabba the Hut though he looks nothing like how he looks in episode 6. Picture this, Jabba was actually moving around and was much smaller and thinner, and you know that he didn't just get fatter over time because he is shown in episode I during the pod race.

They also claimed to have completely redone the special effects but of course the Lightsabers still don't look nearly as good as they do in episodes 1-3 though it was made at the same time.

One thing that has bothered me ever since I was told is the fact that in reality the Death star would have had a huge fiery explosion in space with no sound whatsoever, but hey it's still a good movie so I can't really complain.

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
They added some funky scenes, but the effects are definitely better.