Star Wars question...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mist3r_j3sus, Feb 24, 2008.

1. mist3r_j3sus

mist3r_j3sus Registered Member

I do not understand how is it possible for the Empire to lose to a bunch of rag tag Rebels... I just got done playing through "Empire at War" for the PC/Mac and I had a easy time stomping commanding the Imperials to victory and smashing the Rebels. I only had to use my Death Star once to blast apart a planet that got hit in the movie... other than that I didn't have a need for Darht Vader or the Emperor for that matter. When I played as the Rebels I kept getting my ass handed to me... I had sorry ass technologies and it seemed to me that the Empire had an endless supply of Star Destroyers...

My conclusion is that the Star Wars movies were not realistic in the sense that the Empire could never have been defeated so badly by a bunch of noobs. If I had been the commander I would have curb stomped the Alliance.

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

LOL! The age old question.. The force was not with the Dark Side... I'm sure a more hardcore Star Wars fan can answer this better than I could.

You'd think here would be thousands upon thousands of people living in the Death Star. Enough to take out the rebels 10 times over.

3. The_Burger_King

The_Burger_King Registered Member

Call me crazy but in most movies or fictional stories with a battle between good and evil, the good guys win, and because it was just that a fictional story between good and evil.

4. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Blame it on the Achilles vent.

How about the fact that the rebels, according to story, have been fighting since the fall of the republic and the creation of the clone army.

5. mist3r_j3sus

Well I'm getting tired of the good guys wining all the time. Any recommendations for movies where the bad guy gets his way?

6. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

but you forget that one of the main problems for the empire was the fact that they couldn't find where the rebels were.

And Darth Vader finished off the emperor (that is until he got re cloned)

And Luke had the blood of the chosen one and he trained with Yoda for like 4 weeks I think it was if you read the books.

7. mist3r_j3sus

I never read the books, I bet there is a ton of books on Star Wars so it would be too late for me to get into it.

8. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

That depends if reading upwards of 200+ or more books will take you a long time. Keep in mind that a good chunk of those are thick several hundred page books... ;)

9. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Movie where the bad guy wins?

Lord of War.