Movies Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith [SPOILERS]

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I'm so glad the new Star Wars movies got better as they went along. Episode I was lame, II was better, and III was amazing. I thought Lucas was just milking his cash cows, but he meant business.

Anyone else think the movies got progressively better? Progressively worse?

Last edited by a moderator:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I agree. Episode I was easily the worst in the entire series. Episode II was only slightly better. But III turned out to be one of my favorites.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Yes the movies did get progressively better. I was impressed with Episode III and it is easily my favorite of the prequels.

Although going back a few years and watching Phantom Menace, I remember not disliking as much as I use to. Probably in 2005 I had the epiphany that Phantom Menace wasnt as bad as I remember it.

I will say this Darth Maul was completely underused and I wished he survived to appear in the clone wars.

Count Dooku was pretty lame in comparison.

Wade8813

Registered Member
1 & 2 were pretty good (other than Jar-Jar), but I hate 3. The line about "Only the Sith deal in absolutes" was absolutely idiotic. But much worse was the part about Anakin joining the Dark Side. His reason for joining the Dark Side was fine, but it made no sense that he became so thoroughly evil instantly. He wanted to save his wife - why would he slaughter the young jedi? It made no sense.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
1 & 2 were pretty good (other than Jar-Jar), but I hate 3. The line about "Only the Sith deal in absolutes" was absolutely idiotic. But much worse was the part about Anakin joining the Dark Side. His reason for joining the Dark Side was fine, but it made no sense that he became so thoroughly evil instantly. He wanted to save his wife - why would he slaughter the young jedi? It made no sense.
How could you have misread his intentions so horribly? He was driven by love! After seeing Padme die in his dreams, he wanted to do whatever it took to save her. He was blind and irrational, thus vulnerable and that's how Palpatine got him, he basically brainwashed him in his moment of vulnerability. He also slaughtered the young Jedi because, well, they were Jedi! Enemies of his new master. Anakin's intentions are quite clear. I'd say you need to watch the film again.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
I still think that episode 1 is awesome, 2 is meh it was ok not the greatest star wars movie, and 3 was just awesome because of all the battling that was constantly going on.

Side note: The original series was awesome.

Wade8813

Registered Member
How could you have misread his intentions so horribly? He was driven by love! After seeing Padme die in his dreams, he wanted to do whatever it took to save her. He was blind and irrational, thus vulnerable and that's how Palpatine got him, he basically brainwashed him in his moment of vulnerability. He also slaughtered the young Jedi because, well, they were Jedi! Enemies of his new master. Anakin's intentions are quite clear. I'd say you need to watch the film again.
Yes, I know he was driven by love, and wanted to save her. And I get, that's how Palpatine got to him.

But it makes no sense from being unsure if you want to stick with the jedi or join the Dark Side to slaughtering jedi that fast. A person in that situation will always be hesitant when acting against their formal affiliation, especially since he didn't actually hold any animosity towards them - he just wanted more power.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
But it makes no sense from being unsure if you want to stick with the jedi or join the Dark Side to slaughtering jedi that fast. A person in that situation will always be hesitant when acting against their formal affiliation, especially since he didn't actually hold any animosity towards them - he just wanted more power.
No, a rational person in that situation would be hesitant. Anakin wanted solutions immediately so he joined the dark side. Not to mention Palpatine had him convinced the Jedi were power hungry (playing on his anger towards them concerning his 'master' status). Like I said before, I think you need to see it again. Just think of the Dark Knight:

When the Joker turns two-face evil, all it took was a conversation. How do you find that more believable than this?

Wade8813

Registered Member
No, a rational person in that situation would be hesitant. Anakin wanted solutions immediately so he joined the dark side. Not to mention Palpatine had him convinced the Jedi were power hungry (playing on his anger towards them concerning his 'master' status). Like I said before, I think you need to see it again. Just think of the Dark Knight:

When the Joker turns two-face evil, all it took was a conversation. How do you find that more believable than this?
He wanted solutions to his wife dying. Which has nothing to do with killing kids. And Palpatine managed to make him unsure of whether or not the jedi were power hungry - part of weakening his resolve. But even if he was convinced, that's no reason to kill the kids.

As for Two-Face, all of his actions were clearly explained. He wanted revenge on the corrupt cops, he wanted revenge on the mobsters, and he wanted to get at Batman and Gordon, who he also felt were responsible for not saving Rachel.

Not to mention the fact that it was far more than a conversation that made him evil - he was quite possibly already there, or was at least close, and Joker just pushed him over the edge.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Are you just not listening? Young Jedi are still Jedi. You could see the remorse in his eyes before he did it. He was instructed by the man hiding the secrets he wanted to eliminate the Jedi without hesitation. So why would he leave any of them alive? What's so hard to see?