Nintendo 64 Star Wars Episode I Racer (Great N64 Game)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by dDave, Jun 25, 2008.

1. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Alright this was a pretty cool game if any of you can remember this far back.

YouTube - Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer - Executioner

This is a very fun game it is the fastest racing game that I play.

I play as bullseye naviore all the time.

This game is really awesome and I think that lot of people underestimate how fun this game is. It beats all N64 racing games with the obvious exception of mario kart 64.

Who plays this game?

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I really wish a new version of this game would come out. A sequel or something. It really was an underrated game if you ask me. I really like racing games and this one brought a lot to the table.

It's in my top 3 racing games including Grand Turismo games and Mario Kart games.

3. KiethBlackLion

KiethBlackLion Registered Member

I loved Episode 1 racer. It was one of the few racing games that I've played that actually requires some level of skill. I think a new version for the Wii should be made.

4. dDave

it's true that it did require a lot of skill. I always found myself having some serious trouble with the levels up in the air because in order to win you had to stay on the top half of the tunnels at the beginning and it was easy to fall to the bottom.

Once you started to reach the higher speeds it really got difficult because you had such a small amount of reflex time.

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I remember renting that game once. It was pretty fun. Crazy fast. Racing games get old fast though. There are very few I can play over and over again and not get sick of, like the old Mario Karts.

6. dDave

I don't really get bored of this game it's super fun.:cool:

Yeah the old mario karts are great too a lot of the tracks in the newer ones are based off of the older ones.

7. KiethBlackLion

F-Zero (SNES) and Z-Zero X are two others that I don't get bored with (not counting the Mario Karts).

I always played as Anakin in Racer. Never really tried any of the others though. Have any of you tried using the two controller scheme to play it? It's harder than you might think.

8. dDave

2 controllers? I wasn't aware the game had such a function. How do you turn it on?

9. missingno

missingno Registered Member

It's an awesome game. I have it. It's a great racing title, possibly the best on N64 alongside Diddy Kong Racing, Mario Kart 64, and F-Zero X. The GBC counterpart isn't that good though.

10. KiethBlackLion

If I remember correctly, all you do is plug a controller into port 2. Then, when you're racing, you use the two thumbsticks (one stick controls the left thruster and the other the right thruster). It's suppose to mimick how Anakin drive his pod in the movie.

It's been a long time since I tried it though.