• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Star Wars Episode 7

dDave

V.I.P.
How do we not have a thread on this? (please rep me and let me know if we do have one already, I can't find it anywhere)

Star Wars Episode 7. I think it's genius that Disney bought the Star Wars franchise, they have the money and resources to pour into it. What makes me really excited is that J.J. Abrams is directing, I think he did a fantastic job with LOST and Star Trek, I'm sure Star Wars 7 will rock.

I have an idea for what the plot will be for this film, I won't spoil any surprises though.

This film has a Spring 2015 release date and I'm really excited.

It doesn't matter what they do with this movie, there is no chance that I won't be going to see this movie when it comes out. I'm sure many other people feel the same way.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I definitely feel the same. I will be seeing this no matter what. I have no clue as to what the plot could be, but then I haven't given it much thought either. Too bad we have to wait that long though. :-/

Abrams

Registered Member
I'm hoping that it will NOT made all of Expanded Universe works non-cannon. If this will gonna delete EU I will NOT go to cinema.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'll go see this movie no matter what as well. I doubt that anything they do can top the original trilogy, but it would be hard to not be better than the prequels.

I haven't been following any news or anything for this, so I have no idea what the plot will be about. I'm curious to find out.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
There was a thread about how Disney bought the rights to these movies but not a specific one about the 7th Star Wars movie yet.

I'll go watch it for sure. I have too. Its Star Wars.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
To be honest I'm not that excited about Disney owning this. However, Pirates of the Caribbean is pretty awesome, so maybe they won't screw it up.

I WILL go see it no matter what, because I may be the biggest Star Wars nerd on this forum.

I haven't followed this at all, but I am assuming it's going to be about Han and Leia's children. If it's about any of the previous characters...Luke & Leia or Anakin & Obi Wan, I don't think it's going to work.

dDave

V.I.P.
To be honest I'm not that excited about Disney owning this. However, Pirates of the Caribbean is pretty awesome, so maybe they won't screw it up.

I WILL go see it no matter what, because I may be the biggest Star Wars nerd on this forum.

I haven't followed this at all, but I am assuming it's going to be about Han and Leia's children. If it's about any of the previous characters...Luke & Leia or Anakin & Obi Wan, I don't think it's going to work.
If you saw all of the Star Wars books, legos, music, games, art, and versions of the movie that I have then you probably wouldn't think that. :lol: (I've got the movies on true original VHS release)

I'm not going to go count but I know I have at least 30 star wars books (and I've read them all). I also play Star Wars trivia (the DVD game) with my friends all the time because they're also huge geeks.

I'm not banking on Disney so much as J.J. Abrams on this one, his work with Star Trek is enough to make me not even worried about this.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I watched my original VHS releases so much that I wore them to the point that they wouldn't play anymore. C3PO was green instead of gold.

No lie.

I haven't read the books, but it's on my to-do list.

However, I do have something you don't have, the Star Wars themed xBox, which is the greatest thing ever made. If it were a man I would marry it.

...and a Star Wars lunch box, among other random things people keep buying me with the Star Wars name attached to it. I'm not really a collector of memorabilia though.

Elanor

Registered Member
As much as I love the original films, there is no way I can compete on the Star Wars nerd front :lol:

I will probably go and see this though, just out of curiosity to see how they treat it. As long as there is good storyline and decent actors I will be happy.

Abrams

Registered Member

You have competition. :)

I just really hope that new films will honor Expanded Universe. I would be upset if all of that fantastic stuff would be declared non-canon...