Movies Star Wars: 3D

kitchendame

Registered Member
My first thought was that I wouldn't bother with it because I only watch 3D when it offers something new in the way of subject matter. But I didn't even get the first word of the sentence printed when it occurred to me that if Star Wars came out in 3D I would go and see it out of sheer curiosity. I doubt Lucas would release it in such a format unless he cleaned up some of the effects. Might be cool.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'm really disappointed with you, Bizzy. :shake:

Anyway, this is nothing more than a money-making scheme. The movies weren't filmed with 3D cameras the way something like Avatar was, so I'm guessing it won't be the same type of jaw-dropping experience. I don't really have any interest in seeing Star Wars in 3D.

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"

Anyway, this is nothing more than a money-making scheme. The movies weren't filmed with 3D cameras the way something like Avatar was, so I'm guessing it won't be the same type of jaw-dropping experience. I don't really have any interest in seeing Star Wars in 3D.
That said, avatar had no advantage whatsoever in comparison to other regular 3D movies i've seen.

On topic, as much as i hate 3D i could watch this, simply because i've never watched the original movies on theaters.

Im looking forward the Blu-ray collection the most.

Last edited:

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.

I've seen this fake 3d and it looks like crap. They can't truly duplicate the look unless they were to refilm with two lenses.

Try closing one eye and seeing in 3D. Doesn't work. Switch eyes. Still nothing, but you notice that shift in image? Without that, you can't have 3D. And you can't fake that image because you can't recreate the angle difference.

kitchendame

Registered Member
I've seen this fake 3d and it looks like crap. They can't truly duplicate the look unless they were to refilm with two lenses.

Try closing one eye and seeing in 3D. Doesn't work. Switch eyes. Still nothing, but you notice that shift in image? Without that, you can't have 3D. And you can't fake that image because you can't recreate the angle difference.
I'm not so sure Lucas couldn't replicate that shift in image; this is the guy who invents movie technology to get what he wants. I think it all depends on whether or not he's tired of doing Star Wars.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I dunno. On one hand the Star Wars geek in me is giddy about it. But then on the other hand the Tech Geek in my is screaming "Dont Support this!"

So whether I go see a Trilogy rescreen will be based mainly on what else is in theatres.... if I even want to go to see a movie... and if Kim says "That looks like fun". Other than that I think I'm with Hybrix in this will just be a thing I'll pass.