• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Star Trek, Terminator Salvation...

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I watched both movies (for the first time) this week. I loved them both!

I've watched the old Star Trek movies so I appreciated very much to see the history of the characters (while I imagine what happened to them in the future). I'm glad the younger generation can have a chance to know Star Trek without having to watch "old" movies.

As for Terminator, I have the trilogy and it's one of my favorite movie series. I'm not disappointed with this either. If I have to rate my preference, it will be: Terminator 2, 1, 4, 3.

So both these movies were part of those sci-fi blockbusters of 2009. That was a good year for sci-fi. Next 2009 sci-fi movie in line for me to watch (for the first time too): Watchmen.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I enjoyed both movies as well. I was surprised on how much I liked Star Trek to be honest with you since I never seen the television show or any movies before.

Terminator Salvation was awesome in my opinion, Sam Worthington character stole the show and he did a much better job then Christian Bale in my opinion. If it wasn't for his acting/character I don't think I would of liked the movie.

But definitely both good movies to watch.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I enjoyed both movies as well. I was surprised on how much I liked Star Trek to be honest with you since I never seen the television show or any movies before.

Terminator Salvation was awesome in my opinion, Sam Worthington character stole the show and he did a much better job then Christian Bale in my opinion. If it wasn't for his acting/character I don't think I would of liked the movie.

But definitely both good movies to watch.
I really think they did well with Star Trek. Also, because I watched the two movies so closely, I noticed how Chekov (the russian Trekker) is the same actor as Kyle Reese (Connor's young" father). I don't know his name though.

As for Sam Worthington, I liked his character and acting too. I'm just wondering if Marcus Wright was ever mentioned in the past Terminator movies considering he played a big part in saving John Connor and the resistance.

Oh and what's up with Arnold's scene. I thought Marcus was the first ever they have made that mixed human features and robots.

Puck

Registered Member
I haven't seen Terminator Salvation yet, but I absolutely loved Star Trek.
I was a bit of trekkie with my dad when I was younger, so obviously I've seen the series (all of them) and the movies. I was slightly worried they were going to ruin it by making a new movie, but I thought they did a great job with the new actors and such.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Don't forget Ys, Moon should be on its way soon, another 2009 sci-fi great. I thought Star Trek was a really entertaining piece of cinema that was a clever way to reboot the franchise without technically rebooting it (clever stuff that time travel malarky).

Terminator Salvation was better than I thought it was going to be, I'll grant it that. There were certain parts of it that didn't fit with the previous ones, for example Sam Worthington being a true cyborg despite the fact that in the first film Kyle Rees says the first brand of humanoid robots had rubber skin and were easy to spot. It's a little detail but those things bug me. Also the whole heart transplant thing was so cheesey. "You're a robot with a heart? what a coincidence our leader needs a new heart" :lol: It was entertaining enough though. CGI Arnie for the win, it looked like he was the real deal.

Last edited:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
CGI Arnie for the win, it looked like it was the real deal.
Oh it wasn't? :lol:

Still, doesn't make sense why someone like him was already available then.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
How do you mean? All of the original T-800 looked like Arnnie. An obvious design flaw that was never truley addressed in the series :lol: If they were trying to make them blend in they may have wanted to use a bit of diversity.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Only the face was CGI, the guy in the far right in this picture was the real body in the movie. You can see he has almost the same built as Arnold did back in the movies.

Last edited:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
No, I meant I thought T800 was just an ongoing project then that's why they're mostly fighting robots not Arnold types.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I could be wrong but I think the robots they were fighting were sort of like infantry or something. The T-800's were the ones used for espionage and infiltrating the human bases, hence the living tissue around the skeleton.