• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Star quarterback Russell Wilson (NCS) transfers to Wisconsin

BigBob

Registered Member
MILWAUKEE -- Former North Carolina State quarterback Russell Wilson is headed to Wisconsin, potentially solving one of the biggest hurdles standing between the Badgers and a Big Ten title.

Wisconsin coach Bret Bielema said Monday that Wilson will compete for the Badgers' starting job in the fall. The two-sport star most recently played in the Colorado Rockies' minor league system but apparently is ready to hang up his baseball spikes.

"This is an unusual situation, especially for a program that prides itself on developing players throughout their careers, as we do here at Wisconsin," Bielema said in a statement released by the school. "However, this is a special situation and Russell is the type of player and person that fits very well with our team."

Wilson has one year of eligibility remaining and can play right away. He will attend graduate school at Wisconsin.

Wilson also considered Auburn before settling on Wisconsin.

In an appearance on ESPN's "College Football Live" on Monday, Wilson said he didn't seek any assurances from Wisconsin's coaching staff about being the No. 1 quarterback.

"I never want to be told that I have the starting job," Wilson said. "I never believe in that. I believe that being the competitor that I am, you have to compete every single day."

Still, Wilson's arrival could fill a glaring need for the Badgers, who must replace the solid play of quarterback Scott Tolzien after their run to the Rose Bowl. Wilson could make the Badgers a favorite in the conference.
With this, I expect Wisconsin and Nebraska to fight it out for the Big Ten title. Ohio State will finish second or Penn State IF we'd start our red shirt freshman Paul Jones behind Wisconsin. I'll take Michigan or Northwestern, but most likely Michigan to finish second behind Nebraska.

I believe Wilson is one of the best quarterbacks in the NCAA and I'm glad to see him come back. The only reason I see people not taking him seriously is because of his size which makes him seem more like a slot receiver. He's one of the most accurate quarterbacks you'll ever watch. Last year was a bad year for him.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Don't transfers have to sit out a year before they can play? Or did he sit out last year to play baseball?

BigBob

Registered Member
Don't transfers have to sit out a year before they can play? Or did he sit out last year to play baseball?
He played last year so that's why I'm trying to figure out how they're letting him play. I wonder if it's because he left school and played "pro" ball for a little bit and is now coming back.