• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Nintendo 64 Star Fox 64? Good? Bad?

RagabooMustang

I just picked up an N64 recently and I'm buying a few games here and there. I've always seen StarFox 64 but never played it. I was curious as to whether it would be worth my time and money to pick this game up.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's one of my favorite games of all time. I highly recommend it. It is also extremely challenging if you make it all the way to expert mode by earning medals on ever level. Then try earning them all on expert mode.

My brother is an even bigger fan of this game than I am, and he has a high score of 1,820 on expert mode. That won't mean much to you but others who have played the game will realize just how hard that is to get. :)

Get the game for sure. It is very fun and will give you hours of entertainment.

RagabooMustang

I definatly appreciate the feedback. I'm gonna go check for it on ebay right now.

RarePD

Registered Member
Man, Lylat Wars? That's where its at. Gotta love the branching paths and even the graphics still hold it down compared to today's so called standards.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
I agree totally, not many games today can compare with Lylat Wars.

NeedHelpQuick

My brother wanted it and now he makes me look like a noob and he hardly ever plays videogames:shocked:. Theres just one thing we wonder about; does the story branch out based on your peformance or is it like StarFox DS where you have to beat it once before you can choose paths?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
You can choose paths from the start BUT you must beat each level in a special way in order to be given that option. Some levels require a minimum score at the end or you are forced to go a certain route. Otherwise some other levels have alternate bosses that you have to find by doing special things in the level and going different directions.

Delinquent

Registered Member
Great game a must be recommened, if someone who plays it doesnt then there is something wrong with them.

dDave

V.I.P.
I played StarFox and loved the game
I got all of the medals on everything Aquas, Zoness and Sector Z were by far the hardest levels to get the medals on
I got just over 1,900 kills a little over a month ago
I kept losing my Hyper Laser and it got really annoying