• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Stanley "Tookie" Williams Execution

Gamechamp

Registered Member
Who said anything about religion? People just thought he had changed for the better. There's no religion in that. He decided to help people. Is that so hard to believe?

Wrecked

Registered Member
the point i was trying to get across was, once you go so far, you can't go back.

i don't know his story, but i've heard he was involved in 4 murders. that's pretty far down the road IMO.

people just happen to change when they end up on the other end of the shit stick and i'm tired of hearing/seeing it.

eye for an eye, treat others as you like to be treated, and so forth. if you're going to be a shit head, it's all going to come back around and you can't avoid it. same goes if you're good, you do good deeds, eventually you'll be treated back.

Gamechamp

Registered Member
It wasn't an immediate change. He was in there for years. And years. And years. Being in prison that long is sure to at least make you feel a little bad. I mean, you'd realize the things you'd done must have been really bad to be stuck there that long, with no end in sight other than an execution.

yooperchick

Registered Member
Wrecked said:
i think it's all bull, that's like finding jesus when you're in the big house. born again christian or whatever it's called. how convenient that you find religion when you're fucked.
When I said redeemed, I was more meaning that he did "good" things to make up for the "bad" things he's done. Not necessarily religion. I don't know where the guy stood on that.

Why the guy didn't give info on others in the gang is beyond me. I agree with Andrew with saying that giving that information would have been so much better than writing children's books that warn kids about gangs. If a kid has this guy's book in one hand, and a gang member right in front of him, what do you think is gonna happen? The book is gonna go in the trash and you now have a new gang member.

ltk9492

Registered Member
yeah this guy did so much. Besides, it is less suffering to die than to go thru life in prison and get butt raped all the time, lol. i ll get a pic of that.

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
Wrecked said:
i think it's all bull, that's like finding jesus when you're in the big house. born again christian or whatever it's called. how convenient that you find religion when you're fucked.
Its different by making childrens books that make a difference in others lifes when compared to finding jesus and helping no one and going back to jail 5 days later then say that the lord told you to kill again.