• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Stanley "Tookie" Williams Execution

SamusAran86

Registered Member
I say, let the guy fry...

Sure, some people say its not right, but I believe in the Eye for an Eye rule. Also, why should taxpayers have to support a person who has killed others... or anyone for that matter (thats a arguement for a whole other time)

Prisions are already overcrowded, and you want to basically put them up for life on our dime. I have to completly disagree. Unless the jails are like Sheriff Joe's out here, where hes banned playboy, everyone wears pink underwhere, where inmates lives in tents in 120 degree temps, while only getting moldy bologna sandwiches to eat... then I could live with the prison system! But right now, let all muderers fry

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
SamusAran86 said:
I say, let the guy fry...

Sure, some people say its not right, but I believe in the Eye for an Eye rule. Also, why should taxpayers have to support a person who has killed others... or anyone for that matter (thats a arguement for a whole other time)

Prisions are already overcrowded, and you want to basically put them up for life on our dime. I have to completly disagree. Unless the jails are like Sheriff Joe's out here, where hes banned playboy, everyone wears pink underwhere, where inmates lives in tents in 120 degree temps, while only getting moldy bologna sandwiches to eat... then I could live with the prison system! But right now, let all muderers fry
That's SAMUSARAN...... bitter old MAN!!!!! :lol:

yooperchick

Registered Member
Well, it's all done. He's gone. I caught something about the good the guy did writing children's books and how people should think of that.

I do think people can redeem themselves. I know I sure have screwed up in my life and straightened myself out. But for people to think him writing children's books help redeem him, that's messed up.

Wrecked

Registered Member
madgamer said:
Well, it's all done. He's gone. I caught something about the good the guy did writing children's books and how people should think of that.
anyone can write a childrens book...

"see spot, see spot run, run spot run"

and writing childrens books when you're an adult is a total cop-out.

i was asked to illustrate for a childrens book before, but the deal fell through :( .

yooperchick

Registered Member
I don't know how many here read children's book regularly, but alot of them suck (especially ones for the real little kiddies). They don't even make sense, but they are all regarded as a great read for children and teach them so much. But there is no real story ... beginning, middle and end.

Too bad that deal fell thru. That would have been sweet. If I could draw, that's what I'd like to do.

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
Wrecked said:
anyone can write a childrens book...

"see spot, see spot run, run spot run"

and writing childrens books when you're an adult is a total cop-out.

i was asked to illustrate for a childrens book before, but the deal fell through :( .
Apparently not everyone can write childrens books:cool:

I would like to read the books first before I made any judgement. The books could be about changing who you are, not giving in to pressures and more, or it could be about colors, I have no idea but would like to know.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree with the decision that was made. According to Arnold Schwarzenegger, there was overwhelming evidence that he was a 4 time murderer, and although he claimed he was "redeemed," he never once apologized for the murders, saying up until yesterday that he was innocent. He also refused to "snitch" on any former gang members that he knew about, even to his death. The people he could have "ratted out" have continued to grow the Crips, which have been responsible for as many as 10,000 murders since he helped start the gang. It's easy to say "Be cool, stay in school, don't do drugs, don't join a gang", but he wasn't a very good example when it comes to helping bring known and unknown gang leaders to justice.

yooperchick

Registered Member
That's one thing that is troubling with death sentences. How sure is the legal system that a person has committed a crime?

There are some that think he was innocent, and they were on the TV saying that they will still be working to prove his innocense. I don't know the whole story on him, but I have some faith that our legal system worked in this case.

Gamechamp

Registered Member
Actually, he didn't just write ANY childrens' books. He wrote ones about the dangers of gangs and why never to join them. That's why many people said he had redeemed himself, he had tried to help others by making sure they would never do what he did.

Wrecked

Registered Member
Gamechamp said:
That's why many people said he had redeemed himself, he had tried to help others by making sure they would never do what he did.
i think it's all bull, that's like finding jesus when you're in the big house. born again christian or whatever it's called. how convenient that you find religion when you're fucked.