Stanley "Tookie" Williams Execution

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, it looks like Governor Schwarzenegger has denied ex-Crips gang leader Stanley "Tookie" Williams supporters petition requesting clemancy, and life in prison instead of execution.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10355657/

He is scheduled to be executed at 12:01am, Tuesday morning, LA time.

Feel free to discuss, however, please respect other people's opinions. Do not turn this into a heated debate please.

Gamechamp

Registered Member
Personally, I don't like the death penalty. Life in jail is good, but to take a life to make someone pay for lives they had taken, is just wrong. Two wrongs don't make a right. Killing someone won't bring the dead back to life.

ltk9492

Registered Member
i don't like the death penalty, its not a punishment to them. They get KILLED. once it happens, there is nothing else, so yeah....
life in jail is good, but funny.

"The final verdict,...7 life sentences in prison...6 if he...good behavior."
lol, i don't get it, do they believe in reincarnation? People get like 100 year sentences, cmon

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
Gamechamp said:
Personally, I don't like the death penalty. Life in jail is good, but to take a life to make someone pay for lives they had taken, is just wrong. Two wrongs don't make a right. Killing someone won't bring the dead back to life.
I agree. There are those rare occasions I would support it, but almost always no. I think it is much more of a suffering to spend the rest of your life in jail where you can get your salad tossed daily.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I used to be in favor of the death penalty, but I've changed my mind. I think spending life in prison is a much better punishment than death. I know I'd rather die than be in prison for life, unless they bring back some of the older methods of execution. Lethal injection is just way too easy of a death. Some of these guys torture their victims and I think they deserve an equally painful death.

yooperchick

Registered Member
Well, I think the death penalty is an extreme punishment, but really...they are dead. They do not know what they are missing. If they sit and linger in jail for the rest of their life...then they know what they are missing.

But then again, if someone hurt my family I probably would go for the death penalty because I would always worry that they would escape from jail and possibly come back.

It's a rough one....

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Andrew said:
Feel free to discuss, however, please respect other people's opinions. Do not turn this into a heated debate please.
:lol: @ this topic

You basically took a crap in the middle of the living room and are asking us not to fuss and fight about the smell.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
:rant: Vega, WHY IN THE HELL ARE YOU POSTING?!?!?!? YOU FREAKIN TARD! I swear, you need to quit. I do not know why you came on here to make that post! Do you not have a life?!? Arent there more important things you should be doing then coming onto these boards and making your pathetic posts?!?:rant:

OK...Remember yesterday you told BuckEye and I in the chat to let you have it if you posted again before Thursday I believe because you had too much studying or something that you had to do? And if you were to get on, make sure that we griped you out for it. So none of that was true that I posted up there, I was just obeying your orders:cute: Hope you get what you are supposed to get done finished.

But on the topic of people gettin offended, I think the majority of us are pretty liberal or have a liberal tendancy so we all have close to the same view points. I think you Andrew are conservative, am I right?

Gamechamp

Registered Member
madgamer said:
But then again, if someone hurt my family I probably would go for the death penalty because I would always worry that they would escape from jail and possibly come back.

It's a rough one....
0Even if they killed someone you don't know they can still escape from jail and possibly come back. Remember, you and your loved ones aren't the only people who exist. There are others who have had loved ones killed, and the murderer could escape just as easily as if they had killed one of yours.

Really sad, if you don't execute them, they can escape and kill more, but if you do, then you'll have taken their life.