• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Stanley Cup Finals: Rangers vs Kings

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Kings won in overtime last night and now take on the Rangers in the Cup finals.

Should be a great battle between two great goalies.

I think the Kings are destined to win the cup this year so I say LA in six.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
41 games played combined. The highest ever to start a Stanley Cup series. I am sure one of these major media outlets will pick up on that soon... It might not be a pretty series.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Both teams can role four lines but the Kings seem to have an advantage when it comes to skills compared to the Rangers. Quick will need to be better than he was against Chicago because you know King Henrik is focused. Not sure LA will run away with it but they should take it.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Dickey's Flow said:
Both teams can role four lines but the Kings seem to have an advantage when it comes to skills compared to the Rangers. Quick will need to be better than he was against Chicago because you know King Henrik is focused. Not sure LA will run away with it but they should take it.
I think the Rangers have a shot, due to Lundqvist's ability as much as anything. Who knows, Rick Nash might even wake up one of these days.

Misha Mayhem

Registered Member
I'm not going to guess how many games it'll be, or anything (I know, I'm no fun =P), but I am wholeheartedly pulling for the Rangers.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Game Seven of the Western Conference final had a 22.7 rating in Chicago and a 4.8 in LA. Not sure NBC is happy that the "larger market" team won. ;)

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Bizzy said:
Game Seven of the Western Conference final had a 22.7 rating in Chicago and a 4.8 in LA. Not sure NBC is happy that the "larger market" team won. ;)
That's why I get confused when people say LA is a large hockey market. Chicago is way bigger in terms of selling merchandise and high ratings. New York on the other hand, they couldn't be any happier as their average ticket price is 2300$.

willge87

Registered Member
Both teams have fought through thick and thin during the playoffs. It's that point of the playoffs where people's bodies are breaking down and all that cliche. I don't picture many goals scored with Lundqvist and Quick going at it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Major Hockey 336
Konshentz Hockey 22
Babe_Ruth Hockey 12
Babe_Ruth Hockey 375
Millz Hockey 75