• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Stanford Swimmer Who Raped Unconscious Woman Gets Short Sentence Because Jail Would Have a ‘Severe I

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
How ironic that a judge is severely lacking judgment here. This could harm the kid? HE RAPED A GIRL. At this stage, we shouldn't give a rat's ass about his athletic aspirations.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Judges make stupid decisions sometimes. What about the impact being raped had on the woman. Reminds me of the Ethan Couch case.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I think what pisses me off most is that it's ALWAYS sports stars who get it easy. WTF is up with that. You hardly ever hear "Oh but he's a great doctor", "Oh but he's a budding scientist" blah blah. If someone commits a horrible crime like this then they are punished. But if it's a sports star then everyone loses their mind. "But he's such a promising sports star, we have to protect him". I don't get it, and I never will.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
This is a true travesty of justice, it's sickening. He should be locked up for a really long time. I have to agree with Cru to some extent, athletes seem to get away with more than others.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
"And then, at the bottom of the article, after I learned about the graphic details of my own sexual assault, the article listed his swimming times. She was found breathing, unresponsive with her underwear six inches away from her bare stomach curled in fetal position. By the way, he’s really good at swimming. Throw in my mile time if that’s what we’re doing. I’m good at cooking, put that in there, I think the end is where you list your extracurriculars to cancel out all the sickening things that’ve happened."

I can imagine horrible people trying to best their time in *insert sport here* if that means that the better they are, the lesser jail time they'd get for whatever bad things they would do.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Stanford sex offender Brock Turner's court file shows he lied about drug use

"Coming from a small town in Ohio, I had never really experienced celebrating or partying that involved alcohol." He also wrote, "Living more than 2,000 miles from home, I looked to the guys on my swim team as family and tried to replicate their values in how they approached college life."

Lied to the judge about his prolific drug and underage alcohol use.

But according to prosecutor Alaleh Kiancerci's sentencing memo, texts and photos found on Turner's cell phone, which police seized, indicate that he used alcohol and drugs in high school, well before the January 2015 assault. Kiancerci pointed out the lies to the judge during the sentencing hearing, but Persky did not comment on Turner's dishonesty.

The cell phone material included: "Video depicting the Defendant smoking from a bong and drinking out of a bottle of liquor immediately after taking a 'bong hit,' which was captured on the Defendant's phone on December 27, 2014'' -- more than a month before he assaulted the young woman.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Fuck this guy. I keep seeing all his statements about how bad the partying and drinking culture is, and how he has lost jobs because of this, boo hoo. Thousands of people manage to go to parties, drink, be around other drunk people and NOT rape them. He seems to have addressed all these issues, but never once addressed consent, or the fact that he raped someone. Trying to blame everything else and put the focus on something else. What a fucking nightmare this douche is. I wish I had superpowers I'd fly over there and fuck his shit up.