• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Stanford or 49ers, Harbaugh's supposed narrowed down list

BigBob

Registered Member
Jim Harbaugh remains the football coach at Stanford. Where he steps on the field next September, however, remains up in the air.

Harbaugh appears to be choosing between the Cardinal, a team he led to a 12-1 record this past season, and the San Francisco 49ers, the nearby NFL team that met with him for five hours earlier this week and reportedly offered him a five-year contract.

A source told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen that Stanford is the favorite and an announcement on Harbaugh's fate could come as soon as Friday.
Rumors have him going back to Stanford, which I believe Luck has a big part in that since he's returning.. but they say it's still not for sure yet. I hope he stays with Luck.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Yeah, I agree. I think Luck coming back plays a big part in whatever decision he makes. I'd bet he makes it official soon and comes back

BigBob

Registered Member
I would find it hard to turn my back on the quarterback that has helped me get a school back to National dominance where he led you to a 8-5 (with Toby Gerhart) and then a 12-1 record.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I think he should stay at Stanford and try to win the national championship next season. I know he wants to coach in the NFL, but why leave college ball so soon?

BigBob

Registered Member
He just signed a 5-year, $25 million dollar contract with.....

The 49ers