• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Standards without control?

martinig

A recent poll wanted to know if programming standards are still in use in development organisations... and if they are controlled. The question was: does your organisation implement programming/coding standards?

None...............................20%
Yes, but without control.....49%
Yes, with control...............31%

Participants: 369

Source: Methods & Tools

A majority of the participating organisations have coding standards... and a majority does not control them ;o) What is the situation at your location? Does this lack of control really hurt?

Reverend

Registered Member
Since I am the director of development, I am the one responsible for standards. My development team only has 6 people on it, so enforcement of the standards is very lax. We don't do heavy review, and we expect everyone to follow the standards as closely as possible. So I would say that we fall in the category of "Yes, but without control"

Pete