• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Standalone Movie Soundtracks

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Have you ever bought movie soundtracks for movies you either haven't seen or did see but didn't enjoy? I have been doing this lately. While I can't say I loved the movie "The Fountain" I went and bought the soundtrack and I have to say it's a really good arrangement of music. It's really good for background music while working on other things.

I've been buying a lot of soundtracks lately and several have been from movies I haven't even seen. I don't feel I need to see or even like the movie in order to enjoy the music.

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
I'm bumping this. I'm actually a little surprised nobody has responded. Am I the only one that does this with soundtracks?
No, I am a huge fan of soundtracks. In some rare cases, the soundtrack is actually better than the movie itself. If you mean, by, just enjoying soundtracks from movies you have not seen, or do not like... I'd say yes and no. There are movies I know I don't like that much that have good music that I listen to. The Fountain is a pretty sweet soundtrack. I also enjoyed the movie though.

To be more on topic and upfront with you - Ennio Morricone is my favorite. I've sat down and listened to 20+ of his soundtracks and guess what? I've seen maybe 5 of the movies. I don't like spaghetti westerns, but give me that Ennio music any day.

This doesn't end with movies though. There are video game soundtracks that I have, and enjoy a lot, to games I never even played.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I heard the main song for Requiem for a Dream before I saw the movie and thought it was awesome. I didn't know it was the soundtrack for Requiem until someone told me later. After I saw the movie, it only got better.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
I like a few movie soundtracks which aren't too bad...

I really liked the Karate Kid's Soundtrack, and Forest Gump also had an awesome soundtrack, so both of them alone are standout soundtracks imo.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I usually buy the OST after seeing a movie because it's where I discover it. Sometimes when a movie is also not so good, having a great soundtrack somehow adds brownie points for me. So there's not OST I got for a movie I would say I didn't enjoy.