• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Stand-up Comedians You've Seen Live

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm a huge fan of stand-up. Since there's always been a thread for music that you've seen live, I thought I'd go ahead and add one for comedians. Use this thread to discuss the noteworthy acts that you've seen live - this can be for big names, or local talents that just happened to split your sides.

@Millz and I saw Louis C.K. live at the ScottTrade Center here in St. Louis a week ago. He was hilarious. I don't know how that guy stays so consistently great and comedy, but he's definitely got a gift. He has a really pessimistic style which is kind of contrary to my personality, but for some reason it just cracks me up and still resonates with me. As a single guy, I especially enjoyed his "getting invited to weddings" routine haha.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Zero.

Which is a huge fuckin' bummer, seeing as I love stand-up. I've been really close a few times, but things ended up falling through at the last minute for various reasons.

I do have a short list of must-sees and I'm hoping to start knocking them off soon...

Anthony Jeselnik
Brian Regan
Louis C.K.
Daniel Tosh

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Zero.

Which is a huge fuckin' bummer, seeing as I love stand-up. I've been really close a few times, but things ended up falling through at the last minute for various reasons.

I do have a short list of must-sees and I'm hoping to start knocking them off soon...

Anthony Jeselnik
Brian Regan
Louis C.K.
Daniel Tosh
Brian Regan is at the top of my list, as is Jim Gaffigan. I have a pretty long list though haha. I was supposed to see Gaffigan once but my health problems at the time prevented that, which sucked. I did get an autograph though.

@Konshentz I think you'd love Dave Attell's stuff as well - I saw him in college when I was about 19, and it was vulgar and hilarious haha.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Brian Regan is at the top of my list, as is Jim Gaffigan. I have a pretty long list though haha. I was supposed to see Gaffigan once but my health problems at the time prevented that, which sucked. I did get an autograph though.

@Konshentz I think you'd love Dave Attell's stuff as well - I saw him in college when I was about 19, and it was vulgar and hilarious haha.

I forgot about Gaffigan, I'd definitely add him to my list. Oswalt too. Maybe Hart and Ansari as well.

I definitely used to enjoy Attell back in the day. I haven't seen his stuff in a long time though.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've only ever seen one, but he is the greatest there has ever been. He had a little show in the 90's about nothing. Jerry Seinfeld or something or other. You may have heard of him. ;) Saw him in Vegas and sat in the cheap seats for $100 for a single ticket.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
That's awesome @Mirage - he's one comedian I'd definitely pay a lot to see. It's a bucket list thing that more than likely will never come to pass haha.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's awesome @Mirage - he's one comedian I'd definitely pay a lot to see. It's a bucket list thing that more than likely will never come to pass haha.
Yeah I felt the same way. It was very expensive but I have now seen him and at Caesar's Palace of all places. He was here in town recently but I didn't go because I felt it would be the same act from a few years ago most likely. Plus it was $60 again. He already got my $100 so I didn't feel he needed my $60 too. :)

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Not many, I'm not the biggest stand-up comedian fan,

I have however seen and enjoyed Miranda Hart. A very funny British comedian, and Kitty Flanagan, an Australian comedian. I've also seen an Australian sketch group called Aunty Donna 3 times, they are great.

There are some I wish I could have seen though, such as Kate Mckinnon.

CynthiaM

Registered Member
I LOVE STAND UP!!!

Though the only two stand up comedians I've seen are Russell Peters (love the guy) and Whitney Cummings (adore that woman).

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I don't think I mentioned Todd Barry when I made this thread - he's also a favorite of mine. If you haven't watched his "Crowd Work" special on Netflix, check it out. He does a lot of tours where he has no prepared material and just interacts with the audience. It's hilarious.

I missed a chance to see him live last year, but am hoping that I can see him someday. Looks like he won't be coming to STL or nearby cities this year.