Stan "The Man" Musial

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

How awesome was it to see Stan Musual last night at the All Star game. I always thought that this man was underrated when it comes to greatest players of all time. He's one of the greatest hitters ever to play in the Majors. The man is 88 years old, he supposedly as some health issues(Millz probably knows more then anyone) lets hope he can live for another 10 plus years. It will be a sad day for baseball when this great legend passes away.

2. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

It was awesome seeing him out there last night. I agree, I've always felt he was a bit overlooked in the best all time discussions. He was a great player and I hope to see him again future baseball events, getting cheers from crowds like he got last night.

3. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I think MLB could have done more to honor Stan but what's ya gonna do. He's a living legend and one of the most underrated players in history.

Fans in St Louis know what kinda player he was and what kinda human he was...its about time the rest of the United States knew what we know.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I totally agree with you that the MLB could of done more, but we never know what the real story is. Maybe Musial doesn't want to get honored by the Major Leagues. Also he's battling health issues, which is very apparent so maybe the only he could do was ride in that cart. Who knows, I am just glad he came out.