stalkers

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by lostmymindwith5, Apr 25, 2005.

1. lostmymindwith5

lostmymindwith5 Registered Member

Have any of you, with high profile auctions, had any "groupies" or weird people who email you everyday wanting to be your new best friend? Just curious. I've got a couple people who email me daily wanting an update on my life. They ask all sorts of weird questions too. It's pretty freaky.

2. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I have gotten quite a few emails from people (term used loosely) claiming to be fairy hunters, dying fairies, fairies in need of a home...you get the picture. On the other end of the spectrum come the people claiming to own a publishing company and would I please send my manuscript. Quite a few of these bogus publishing houses send me emails with 10 spelling mistakes...hmmm sure I'll send you something all right!!

3. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

Being that I've never had a high profile auction (and probably never will :( ) I have no experience with this. BUT....of course I have an opinion :D First of all that is too weird and creepy! Do you answer them? If so what I'd do from now on is just delete (or read if you have to.....think I would :)) and then just ignore them......don't answer.....unless of course these same people are bidding BIG on your auctions! :D Maybe they'll just go away???

4. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Mine was not high profile in the $ sense, but rather in the # of viewers, watchers and comments. In fact it probably would have only sold for $36 if it wasn't for Andrew (thank you again) going in and trying for that last bid. BTW the "bones" went to a taxidermist... :lol:

5. Marys454BB

Marys454BB Premium Member

Yep! I still get e-mails from people wanting to "borrow" money...lol
    Yeah, ok.. :eek:/
    & some asking me to list things for them... Like that will work?
    but most are nice people just wanting to know how everything is going.
    I also went through all the questions I had during the auction (surprised me that I could still get to them through ebay...lol) and found that the orignal winning bidder of the "ghost cane" had sent me 6 questions/comments that were strange & a couple just plain scary!
    I added them to my "Ghost cane auction results" page. I thought he was just being nice letting GP have it. yeah, ok :eek:/

6. missmel2

missmel2 Registered Member

I have never had either or but was going to say if they really creep you out you can always have some fun with it and reply with fake information ,,, if nothing else it would be entertaining :)

7. kromsales

kromsales Registered Member

YES!!!! Have had them call me too

8. Msbabedoll

Msbabedoll Registered Member

Hey I would like to know who all has had a high profile auction and what they auctioned off.

Hmmmm a new thread maybe?

9. Marys454BB

Marys454BB Premium Member

lol, Yeah I also got a BUNCH of "Ghost Hunters" emailing me that wanted to come to my house and investigate my dad's ghost..
    & a handfull of Ministers/Preachers that wanted to "talk to me"

10. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I am still experiencing this.. :lol:

Maybe it would help if I changed my username here to something else LOL!