• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Stainless Steel or Black Coated?

Which looks better?

• Total voters

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
I voted for the normal Stainless steel. Most of my collection is good old stainless steel, and I just find them more pleasing to the eye.

dDave

V.I.P.
I definatly think the stainless steel one looks better, but that's just me!
I say to go with stainless steel, they just look nicer and then you also won't have to worry about the paint chipping off.

meh, that's just me, for some reason they look better to me, but they're the same blades so in the end either one will be nice.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I prefer the stainless steel ones. I generally don't go for coated steel though.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I prefer the black. It looks better to me. I don't think you need to worry about the paint chipping off. It's not like you'd be using them (or will you? haha).

Bananas

Endangered Species
I dont like coated steel, any scratches show up real easily. I have a scabbard in the same material and it looked nice for a while but over the years is starting to look worn and tacky.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
I like the stainless ones. They look better and are more exact to the movie. On a side note I know where you can get the holsters for those knives Brix.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
ah... this must have been the reason you asked if I was familiar with Riddick the other day :hah:

Me personally as a huge fan and collector of Blades ranging from all shapes, sizes, and colors... I'll go with the Teflon coated Black any day any time.

All the daggers and bootknives I keep around me are actually that teflon black, its just flat out more sexy in my opinion. Stainless is cool and all, but it just doesnt have that same impressiveness a the Black does to me.