• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Stabbing his mother, doing the work of God.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I guess you may have heard of the latest story about the "Ugly Betty" actor [Michael Brea] who killed (by cutting) his mother with sword because she didn't believe in God.
It resulted that he could be mentally ill.

Here's more of what he says:

Brea said:

"I didn't kill her. I killed the demon inside her. So be it. It was the work of God.

I was sleeping in my bedroom. God came above my bed and reached his arm to me I said, 'God, is my time on earth over' I heard a voice say, 'Yes Michael, today is your last day.' I asked if I could say goodbye to my family."

After he described the dream where God spoke with him, Brea joined the Prince Hall Masonic Temple in Harlem a week later and claims a man tried to put a curse on him.

He added:

"[He] kept trying to put something in my hand but wouldn't show it to me. I kept opening my hand. It was a Freemason pin. I wouldn't touch it.

I felt like Neo from 'The Matrix.' I began hearing voices and feeling powerful. They were asking about the difference between mom and mother. It was a sign.

I knew I would never see my mother again. I gave her lots of love."

Brea came home and hugged his mother before lighting candles in his room and placed a dagger and a 3-foot ceremonial Freemason sword by his side.

Authorities believe he stole the sword from the Masonic lodge, but Brea insists his father had gave it to him as a child. He arranged three saint cards around him which included Saint Jude holding a sword. His mother knocked on the door and ask him to pour water from a pot where she was cooking three chickens.

Brea continued:

"It's a powerful sword.

I looked at these chickens lying dead in the pot and a voice told me it was a sacrifice. It was black magic.

She had the voice of the demon. I opened the door with the dagger at my side and the sword. I asked, 'Do you believe in God?' She said, 'No, Michael no,' and began screaming. I began slashing her like this [bringing his right hand down in a violent hacking motion]."

He chased from room-to-room, swinging the sword and leaving a sickening trail of blood in his wake.

He added:

"I didn't want to kill her right away. I wanted to give her time to get right with God. I was slashing my mom and I heard the police knocking on the door yelling, 'Michael, open up, Michael, open up,' but I knew they wouldn't open the door and stop me because the spirits were protecting me.

I just kept cutting her. No one could stop me. I was doing the work of God.

I'm named after a saint myself - Saint Michael. He was protecting the house from the police. They weren't allowed to enter the apartment.

I heard voices telling me how powerful I was, saying 'Oh he's good.'

Grand Architect of the Universe means God. I was praising God. To you it might sound silly, but in my culture demons are very real."

When police broke down the door, they found a trail of bloody footprints and handprints on the walls and floors, and Yannick Brea on her knees in the bathroom.

Michael stood with the sword in one hand and a Masonic Bible in the other.

While giving the interview, he showed no remorse as his eyes stayed focused on a reporter. He is still convinced he did the right thing.

Read More: Ugly Betty Actor Claims He "Killed The Demon Inside" Of His Mother | PerezHilton.com Ugly Betty Actor Claims He "Killed The Demon Inside" Of His Mother | PerezHilton.com
Celebrity Juice, Not from Concentrate

Dabs

Registered Member
I heard some of it and I also heard some doctors and lawyers on the news one day, about a different case, say that when a person starts claiming they are doing what God ordered them to do..in a murder case and such.....they are most generally going to go for the insanity plea.
They have a better chance of coming out of their trial alive with that plea~

angiebumanglag

This case is not so rare nowadays, when a heinous crime is committed the most common alibi is that they have a demon inside who ordered them to kill. Whether insanity or possessed, killing a fellow human being is unacceptable much more taking the life of your mother, who brought you to life.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
I like that they're saying he was in UB, but I've never seen him :lol: From what i've just looked up he had a walk on scene.

I'd hate to steal a line from Lee Evans but: Oh yeah, God told you to do it! If God was going to tell you to do something, why not something useful - like painting the ceiling?

The 'God told me' insanity pleas are becoming annoying.

Dekzper

Registered Member
That's really pathetic. People use the insanity thing so they can kill. If someone kills someone, especially like that, the insanity plea shouldn't even count. He should be treated like any other vicious killer, period!

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I heard about this. I am not sure if I believe the insanity plea. But honestly, I don't want to believe that people who could do something like this could possibly be sane, so I am going to go with he is insane.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
That's pretty brutal. What kind of sick human being do you need to be to kill your own mother. Mentally deranged people shouldn't be allowed to follow religion, because it seems like it always gets twisted up in their heads.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I heard about this. I am not sure if I believe the insanity plea. But honestly, I don't want to believe that people who could do something like this could possibly be sane, so I am going to go with he is insane.
Yeah I agree with CGSA. How can one do this and actually be sane. But I think that it's not about whether we think it's an insane thing to do (otherwise most murders can get away with insanity plea). I think if they knew that what they'll do will cause the death and they still do it...then they could be guilty. Where's CO? :lol:

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
If he truly believes what he did was an act of god and that he was cleansing a demon he belongs in a mental institution. If he's just lying to protect himself then he deserves the death penalty. What a crazy, sad story.