• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

St Patricks Day 2016

thealigator

Registered Member
St Patricks day, the main day of the year when a lot of people become Irish, wear green, drink Guinness and acquire massive Guinness hats. Living in a city that has quite Irish routes where I live the celebrating of St Paddy's day is quite the occasion.

I remember I used to go out St Patricks Day but as I have got older, more introverted and almost a hermit I no longer go out. It just doesn't suit me as so many go out with intention of getting as drunk as possible very early I find it intimidating. I am not judging I am really not, if this is what people choose to do and if they enjoy then more power to them, as long as no-one gets hurt then I see no problem in it.

What is your take on it? Do you celebrate it? Does your town have an Irish bar that everyone goes to? Does your town go all out for it?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I used to go all out, but now that I have a big boy job, it’s a pretty tamed day for me. Last year I went for a few pints for lunch and had a few more when I got home. This year, I’ll just be stopping for a few tallboys of beers at the liquor store and drink them at home.

thealigator

Registered Member
Would you go out were it to fall on a weekend? Is the fact you cannot drop everything and go drinking on "a school night" as I would say as you need to be full compus mentas the next day or have you changed as a person since changing jobs?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah, if it landed on a weekend then I would probably round up a few buddies and hit up a pub that we really like and enjoy some green beer and some good Irish music.

That said, I’m happy it landed on a weekday so I won’t be spending and arm and a leg.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm Irish and I'll dress in green for that day but I doubt I drink any beer or go to a bar. Maybe a glass of wine.