• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

St. Louis Cardinals 2016 season thread

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Well, we started 0-3 and got swept by the Pirates. Perfect time to start the 2016 St. Louis Cardinals season thread, right @Millz?

I don't think the first few games is a good sampling of how the season will go, but we showed struggles in every aspect of gameplay in that first series in Pittsburgh. It's only uphill from here, I'm hoping. We face the Braves in a weekend series so let's hope we get that goose egg off of our record.

May the majestic Grichtaur guide us in 2016.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ole Grichuk is gonna set the strikeouts record if he's not careful haha

And yeah no reason to panic, that was just some bad baseball. And PIT is still a formidable opponent. Can't sleep on them this year.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Yeah as you know Grichuk does strike out a lot but this is just ridiculous. I'm sure he'll get better and get some power numbers going but will strike out this season plenty as well. As long as we get the upside I can live with that.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Cards made history last night: first team with 3 pinch hit homers in a game. They had 4 last year.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
That game was incredible. I was starting to think we'd start 0-4, and then our youth (and a 28 year old) movement comes in and does that. Pretty special game. Kind of funny that Diaz does that when he barely squeezed into a roster spot when Ruben Tejada got hurt. That may have been money wasted after all.

Cards are winning 2-0 against the Braves now, gotta love it.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Cards going for the sweep against the Brave today. Georgia's own Adam Wainwright will be on the mound for us.

Looking forward to our home opener tomorrow - it's like an unofficial holiday in St. Louis. We'll all be wearing our Cards stuff around the office.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Cards vs. Cubs series starts tonight, looking forward to it. Heyward returning to Busch Stadium should be interesting, haha.

Ruben Tejada is back from injury and the Cards sent Greg Garcia down to AAA Memphis...strange since he's hitting around .600 so far. Why not ride the hot hands of him and Aledmys Diaz? Send Tejada to AAA and let him prove his worth, says this observer.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Cards had a decisive victory last night, which was nice considering the Blues messed things up on their end.

Today Mike Leake will be on the mound again at 3:30 Central...he hasn't been off to a stellar start so here's hoping he can get a win.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Trevor Rosenthal had a blown save last night that took us to extra innings - luckily a pinch hitter was able to step up with a double and give us the lead, which we kind of opened up after that. The pinch hitter? Our Ace, Adam Wainwright.