• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

St Louis Blues vs Chicago Blackhawks

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
That was just an epic insane odyssey of a game.

I think that Miller heard my complaints, lol. Hats off to him, after that 1st Period he turned it up and did an amazing job. I'm happy to be wrong.

Millz isn't superstitious or anything…Blues all the way this year!!!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Told you ii would be a bad move to pull Miller ;).

Great win for the Blues. I'm happy they won the game. I'm sure all the players are pretty damn exhausted right now.

I think St Louis really need Oshie back in the line-up. Even if he's not at 100%.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I feel bad for whoever wins this series because by the time its over, nobody will have anything left for the second round. Western conference is ridiculous this year.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree with Bizzy that the Blues need Oshie back and badly. I hope he goes on Saturday.

I think maybe will begin to see that Vladimir Tarasenko is a big time player. This team looks completely different with him out there playing.

And I agree with Dickey too...can you imagine having to beat Chicago, Colorado and Anaheim to get to the Cup finals? Yuck.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Tarasenko was a beast out there. i didn't watch the whole game, but when I did I couldn't stop admiring him on the ice. He's a special player and he's only going to get better.

Also, speaking of special players, I can just imagine how much you guys love Schwartz. I knew he was going to be good, but definitely not this good. The guy is so damn good.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Bizzy said:
Tarasenko was a beast out there. i didn't watch the whole game, but when I did I couldn't stop admiring him on the ice. He's a special player and he's only going to get better.

Also, speaking of special players, I can just imagine how much you guys love Schwartz. I knew he was going to be good, but definitely not this good. The guy is so damn good.
You know what is sick? That we drafted those guys in the same draft. Schwartz 14th overall and then Tarasenko 16th.

Thank you very much for taking David Rundblad off our hands, Ottawa, haha :lol:

But yeah, 25 goals from Schwartz was an incredible surprise. Special player.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
If this series goes long and the LAKings/Sharks series goes long, both team will be done in the second round. I doubt anyone will be left alive in the Kings/Shorks series if it goes 6/7. They had 55 hits in the first period and it wasn't little hits. It was full out "I hate your guts" train on train hits!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Another game that went to overtime between the Blues and Blackhawks, but this time around it didn't take three extra periods. Jackman scored the overtime winner for St Louis and they now lead the series 2-0. Those are two tough losses to swallow for Chicago.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Seabrook... That hit was bad. Left feet as he launched in to him. Principle point to the head. Late, blindside, vulnerable target. Backes was clearly injured. Took him a couple minutes before he could even stand without slumping down.

...anyone recall what the Flames player got for hitting Sedin from behind?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I can't believe we scored that goal with 6 seconds left...and then Jackman of all people wins it in overtime.

It sucks because a 2-0 lead is awesome but I can't help but think of Backes. I don't see him playing for a while.

Brent Seabitch should be suspended indefinitely.