• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

St Louis Blues vs Chicago Blackhawks

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
(C2) St. Louis vs. (C3) Chicago
Full network except where noted
Broadcast crew: Dean Brown and Greg Millen
Thursday Game 1 at St. Louis, 8 p.m.
Saturday Game 2 at St. Louis, 3 p.m.
April 21 Game 3 at Chicago, 8:30 p.m. CHEX
April 23 Game 4 at Chicago, 9:30 p.m.
April 25 Game 5 at St. Louis, 8 p.m.
April 27 Game 6 at Chicago, 3 p.m.
April 29 Game 7 at St. Louis, TBA
This series could go either way. The Blue acquired Ryan Miller for this very reason. He'll need to be on top of his game against this talented Blackhawks team. The Blues didn't have a successful end of the season, they'll need to step it up.

Blues in seven.

Use this thread to discuss this series.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Re: St Louis Blue vs Chicago Blackhawks

This is a conference final... it should not be played in the first round.

St. Louis has lost 6 in a row and the Blackhawks will have a healthy and rested Toews and Kane for game 1!

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm going to say Blues in seven, as well.

Everyone is counting us out, and I don't blame them. We've been sliding but don't forget that we were one of the most dominant teams in the NHL this year. Injuries are plaguing us but I think that everyone but Berglund, Morrow, and (help me out on the third one, someone…Tarasenko?) will be back.

What is going to be key - outside of our injuries and mental mistakes - is Miller waking the F up. He's been a little iffy lately and Elliott has had a lot of shutouts…I could see him getting a couple of starts if Miller doesn't start strong.

I do still have faith that the Notes can shake free of this mental prison they've created for themselves, get healthy enough to make a showing, and win this series.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
The Kings have cockblocked us every year…it would be awesome to beat them and make it to the Cup. But it would also be awesome to avoid them altogether haha.

Man, this what I hate about this new playoff format. Lots of great 1st round matchups and we're gonna lose some possible Cup contenders in the 1st round. I'm all for creating rivalries but I still believe that this format is cheating us of seeing the 2 best teams in the league vie for the Cup, regardless of their conference.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sucks we have to face Chicago in the first round but that's what it is and we'll deal with it.

I'll take the Blues in 7 as well just because I am a homer. And Unity that is correct everyone should be back outside of Morrow, Berglund and Tarasenko.

Miller is gonna have to show up. Toews and Kane are rested but so should Backes and Oshie.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
If the Blues want to knock off the defending Stanley Cup champions they'll need to find their scoring touch. There's only so much Ryan Miller can do if they score 1 goal per game for him. This is going to be one hell of a series, and despite the amazing season by St. Louis I'm going to pick Chicago in 6 games.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Backed and Tarasenko will both be playin tonight and Berglund and Oshie will be out. Those are two big players to lose for the Blues.

Kane and Toews will be playing for the Hawks.

Can't wait to watch this game tonight.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
MIller has been sloppy…starting to wonder if Elliott should be put in during the 2nd Period