• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

St. Louis Blues 2013-2014 Discussion Thread

Crypticshock

Registered Member
You can blow any lead you want as long as you still win in Reg/OT vs someone in the other "Conference". It's those four points games where you don't want to blow leads... like Montreal blowing a 3-0 against Carolina...

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Blues had a win against Winnipeg this afternoon, again in an OT shootout. It feels like that's all we do lately haha. T.J. Oshie is the most interesting shootout player I've ever had the pleasure of watching. He's creative and a cerebral assassin. Look up today's shootout goal if you haven't seen it yet, it's a thing of beauty.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Blues are now up 4-1 against Nashville in the 3rd, and if winning will sweep the Predators for the season.

The last goal by Steen was a freaking work of art.

I think there are more Blues fans in this crowd than Preds fans. :D

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am confident I heard a let's go blues chant during this game haha

30th for Steen...good stuff. If he didn't get hurt he might have 40.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
He really deserved a full healthy year on principal. I just hope that we see this as his consistent height of play during more than one season. We really own their goalie, lol. It looks like the Notes just have him figured out.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Unity said:
He really deserved a full healthy year on principal. I just hope that we see this as his consistent height of play during more than one season. We really own their goalie, lol. It looks like the Notes just have him figured out.
Pekka Rinne is one of the best goalies in the league too. We've struggled against him in the past but in this game its been all Blues.

I doubt Nashville has pulled Rinne is many games like they did tonight after that 3rd STL goal.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
The Millz said:
The Unity said:
Pekka Rinne is one of the best goalies in the league too. We've struggled against him in the past but in this game its been all Blues.

I doubt Nashville has pulled Rinne is many games like they did tonight after that 3rd STL goal.
The announcers noted during the first that we had good luck glove side against him. I guess we just found the sweet spot.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I watched the blues against the oilers a few days ago and that's what I call a complete team. If the Blues stay healthy I have a real hard time not seeing them win the cup. Tape to tape crisp passing. It was a thing of beauty.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
That's a winner!

2 goals from Patrik Berglund tonight….love seeing all of these Blues fans celebrating with the Blues as they enter the tunnel!

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Well The St. Louis Blues are playoff bound! Let's hope that we do better than the last two years. Our team looks dominant but we need to transition that successfully to the Stanley Cup finals for a change.

http://blues.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=7 ... L|STL|home

"The St. Louis Blues are officially headed to the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

With the Phoenix Coyotes' 4-2 loss to the Boston Bruins on Saturday night, the Blues have clinched a spot in the postseason for the third consecutive season and 38th time in franchise history.

Currently, the Blues have a 47-16-7 record (101 points).

With 12 games remaining in the regular season, the Blues are battling for the top spot in the NHL, which would give them home-ice advantage throughout the playoffs.

This will mark the Blues' fourth playoff appearance in the last nine seasons. The Blues previously reached the playoffs in 25 consecutive years from 1979 to 2004."