• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

    Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

St. Louis Blues 2013-2014 Discussion Thread

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Exciting day game against the Islanders…Blues just tied it up with 30 seconds left. Time for OT!

Two goals by Tarasenko today and that last one by Oshie.
 

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
That was a huge goal by TJ. Thank God he got that because we hit the post like 3 times and Poilon (sp?) made a ridiculous save on Alexander Steen
 

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Some heart warming news for once.

St. Louis Blues forward Jaden Schwartz lost his sister Mandi to leukemia a couple of years ago, she was a star with Yale's hockey team. Yale is holding a White out for Mandi game this weekend. It is the third such game they have held for her, but Jaden has never been able to attend one. Finally the schedule worked out where he could go this time as the Blues are in the New York area on a road trip and happen to have an off day. A couple teammates were planning to go with Jaden, but word about it spread through the locker room and now the whole team on their off day decides to go with Jaden to Yale for the game as a show of support.

http://articles.courant.com/2014-01-24/ ... rink-jaden

Love it.
 

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
That was definitely a cool story

I was at the Blues/Sens game last night and I am shocked we blew a 3-1 lead. I am happy we got a point though.

Was also impressed 15,000 people showed up to a Tuesday night game against a Canadien team nobody cares about in St Louis (Except me) with a lot of snow on the ground. Hopefully the good crowds continue.
 

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
The Millz said:
That was definitely a cool story

I was at the Blues/Sens game last night and I am shocked we blew a 3-1 lead. I am happy we got a point though.

Was also impressed 15,000 people showed up to a Tuesday night game against a Canadien team nobody cares about in St Louis (Except me) with a lot of snow on the ground. Hopefully the good crowds continue.
As the resident Sens hater I was pissed off they came back from a 3-1 deficit. If the Blues are going to win the Stanley Cup this year they can't be blowing those type of leads. I don't ask much from your team Millz, but beating the Sens is one of them ;).
 

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Dickey's Flow said:
The Millz said:
That was definitely a cool story

I was at the Blues/Sens game last night and I am shocked we blew a 3-1 lead. I am happy we got a point though.

Was also impressed 15,000 people showed up to a Tuesday night game against a Canadien team nobody cares about in St Louis (Except me) with a lot of snow on the ground. Hopefully the good crowds continue.
As the resident Sens hater I was pissed off they came back from a 3-1 deficit. If the Blues are going to win the Stanley Cup this year they can't be blowing those type of leads. I don't ask much from your team Millz, but beating the Sens is one of them ;).
Ya know what's funny and I don't know if Bizzy mentioned this to you but I wore my old Ottawa Senators jersey to the game LOL. I got a lot of weird stares.

The guy behind me was confused because I had a Blues hat on and was with my brother and sister who were decked in Blues gear. I told him I got the jersey when I was like 12 and thought it would be funny to wear haha. He was amused thankfully.

I was surprised there were actually a number of Ottawa fans there...that's a long way to travel for a game on a Tuesday haha. But anyway, it was an awesome game despite the loss.
 

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Crypticshock said:
Maybe they were not Ottawa fans. Maybe they thought it would be funny to dress like one... :lol:
Hahaha touche, you got me there.

I saw someone there in a Habs jersey too so you just never know I guess.

Blues face Boston tonight and the Bruins are without Zdeno Chara who is carrying the flag for Slovakia so yeah, good timing with that haha
 

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Myself and my old roommate both went to a Edmonton vs Calgary pre-season in Calgary. I wore my Habs, he was his Jets. Got a few looks. One guy even stopped to say "That's an odd jersey to wear tonight"... lol

It's like I am supposed to forget that Calgary is the only team in history to walk in to Montreal and then walk out with the Stanley Cup.
 

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Crypticshock said:
Myself and my old roommate both went to a Edmonton vs Calgary pre-season in Calgary. I wore my Habs, he was his Jets. Got a few looks. One guy even stopped to say "That's an odd jersey to wear tonight"... lol

It's like I am supposed to forget that Calgary is the only team in history to walk in to Montreal and then walk out with the Stanley Cup.
Haha I don't think there's anything wrong with that myself.

If I was in Nashville and the Preds and Hawks were playing I'd be wearing Blues gear for sure.

Blues won 3-2 in overtime over Boston last night. Halak made 38 saves and it sucks blowing a 2-0 lead but we'll take the 2 points.
 
Top