• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

St. Louis Blues 2013-2014 Discussion Thread

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Millz and I are Blues fanatics, and it was bugging me that Montreal had their own thread….so, discuss the next Stanley Cup champions here!

EA Sports is wise, after all…

Crypticshock

Registered Member
It would not bother me one bit if the Blues won the cup (Against anyone but the Habs). Been wanting the Blue in the finals for last two years. They've got the talent... but the clock will become unfriendly in the next couple of years.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Depending on who the Blues face in the playoffs, I could definitely see myself rooting for them for a round or two. The sting of the 2012 playoffs has worn off a little. I wouldn't even mind seeing our two teams square off again. Maybe this time the Sharks can win more than a game. Haha.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Blues are playing against Anaheim tonight - a big challenge for any team. The Ducks are ahead now 1-0 not far into the 1st period.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Blues just saved it all for the 3rd Period, too little, too late, too sucky earlier!

Great, decisive win against the hated Red Wings tonight. It figures that we start owning them when they leave our conference.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Blues goaltending situation right now is really interesting. You've got a pair of talented but inconsistent and relatively unproven goalies who are currently basically trading off starts. The Blues also have a bright young prospect in the AHL who has looked good but not great in limited NHL work. Both Elliott and Halak are UFA's at the end of the season and Allen is still signed for two more years at a cheap price.

Halak current stats since coming to the Blues:
- 164 games started of 260 (63%)
- 2.26 GAA
- .914 Sv%

Career playoff stats:
- 23 games
- 2.42 GAA
- .923 Sv%

- 28 years old.

Elliott' current stats since coming to the Blues:
- 83 games started of 178 (46%)
- 1.73 GAA
- .927 Sv%

Career playoff stats:
- 18 games
- 2.55 GAA
- .898 Sv%

- 28 years old.

Allan's stats:
- 120 GP
- 2.76 GAA
- .913 Sv%

NHL career stats:
- 15 GP
- 2.46 GAA
- .905 Sv%

- 23 years old.

Thoughts Blues fans, or anyone else that would like to chime in?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is the hot button topic in St Louis for sure. Both free agents, both wildly inconsistent, Jake Allen waiting in the wings.

Its been the thing that has always held us back in the past...goaltending. We just cannot get a goalie come playoff time that we can trust. Sure Fuhr and Joseph did fine but nobody like Quick who can just take over.

I dunno what will happen. Will he keep flipping from one to the other? Maybe look into trading for Ryan Miller? Next year I'm sure one of the two will be gone and will Allen will be in the NHL.

Elliott is sometimes the best goalie in the league and then he'll go through shit stretches. I have no idea what to think haha

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Trading for Ryan Miller is something that did cross my mind. Maybe trade either Halak or Elliott and another high profile player for Miller. Like you mentioned, goaltending has been an issue in the past, and you need someone that can actually steal series - well, I think a goalie like Miller in front of a team like the Blues could be that goaltender.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think most Blues fans want Halak to be the guy who steps up since he was the big trade acquisition or whatever. I want Ben BIshop back haha

I'd not be against Miller but I feel he'd be a rental. You don't wanna block Allen unless you think he's not the next guy. I dunno what it would take to get him though. Not sure the Sabres would want Elliott or Halak in return anyway.