Spybot - Search & Destroy

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Anyone else use this program? Are you an advanced user or do you just use the basic stuff?

I 'use' it but only the basic stuff. Actually sometimes when I turn my computer on I'll just turn spybot s&d off straight away cos it annoys me when it pops up with the allow/deny stuff :shifteyes: Also I use a few other virus/spyware protecter things so... yeah.
Someone who is great with computers recommended it though, so I won't be getting rid of it anytime soon, I just need to remember to use it more!

Xeilo

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I use it as well, but only the basic stuff, along with some other programs. I always make sure my computer is free of crap so I wont have to worry about things slowing down my computer or stuff getting on it later.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
I use spybot search and destroy, and Lavasoft's Ad-Aware, and somehow on top of it all a virus made it's way onto my computer, it lasted for 2 years without getting a virus, I guess I'll just have to do a fresh install of windows.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
I use S&D in advanced mode and auto-launch TeaTimer at startup. I don't think there are any features that I haven't used at least on occasion.

Eilt_Druin

Registered Member
I use only the basic stuff. Fortunately I've never had a really bad problem with spyware. Really the only thing Spybot does for me these days is point out a few tracking cookies.

fragile

Registered Member
I use spybot and some other programs, but I'm only using the basics. I tried some more advanced stuff, but I just thought it was annoying with all the pop up warnings about this and that.