Spybot - Search & Destroy

Discussion in 'Computers' started by pro2A, Nov 25, 2008.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Anyone else use this program? Are you an advanced user or do you just use the basic stuff?

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I 'use' it but only the basic stuff. Actually sometimes when I turn my computer on I'll just turn spybot s&d off straight away cos it annoys me when it pops up with the allow/deny stuff :shifteyes: Also I use a few other virus/spyware protecter things so... yeah.
    Someone who is great with computers recommended it though, so I won't be getting rid of it anytime soon, I just need to remember to use it more!

3. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I use it as well, but only the basic stuff, along with some other programs. I always make sure my computer is free of crap so I wont have to worry about things slowing down my computer or stuff getting on it later.

4. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I use spybot search and destroy, and Lavasoft's Ad-Aware, and somehow on top of it all a virus made it's way onto my computer, it lasted for 2 years without getting a virus, I guess I'll just have to do a fresh install of windows.

5. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

I use S&D in advanced mode and auto-launch TeaTimer at startup. I don't think there are any features that I haven't used at least on occasion.

6. Eilt_Druin

Eilt_Druin Registered Member

I use only the basic stuff. Fortunately I've never had a really bad problem with spyware. Really the only thing Spybot does for me these days is point out a few tracking cookies.

7. fragile

fragile Registered Member

I use spybot and some other programs, but I'm only using the basics. I tried some more advanced stuff, but I just thought it was annoying with all the pop up warnings about this and that.

8. Hazy

Hazy Registered Member

Been using it for awhile :D

I only have basic