Spurs trade Udrih to Wolves for pick

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
SAN ANTONIO (AP) - The San Antonio Spurs traded Beno Udrih to the Minnesota Timberwolves for a protected second-round draft pick in 2008 on Monday.

The 6-foot-3 guard broke his left index finger earlier this month during Spurs training camp. Udrih's role on the team decreased last season as veteran Jacque Vaughn took over as backup point guard to Tony Parker. During his three seasons in San Antonio he appeared in 207 regular season games and averaged 5.2 points and 1.8 assists in 13 minutes.

Last season he averaged 4.7 points in 73 games. Udrih was picked by the Spurs with the 28th overall pick in the first round of the 2004 NBA Draft. Over the weekend, the Spurs waived forward Marcus Williams. The Spurs roster is now at 14 players.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7389312

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
Good trade by the Spurs, he wasnt going anywhere with them just winning rings while sitting on the bench. Not sure why the Wolves made this trade they have Telfair, Foye, and Jaric why add another when he probalby wont get any play time?

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I'm sure he can help out the Wolves once he's healthy. I remember him playing pretty well last season, especially in an early season match with the Mavs.