• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sprinter Out for Season

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
Allyson Felix flew out of the blocks, same as usual. She tried to settle into her rhythm around the turn, as she always has.

Then everything went horribly wrong for the American sprinter. She suddenly screamed and began hopping before falling to the track with a torn hamstring.
I have experienced a situation like this before last year while I was running on the treadmill. Let me tell you, I know how it feels (especially after times when I thought nothing like this would ever happen).

U.S. sprinter Allyson Felix tears her hamstring during 200 meter final at world track championships - News | FOX Sports on MSN

dDave

V.I.P.
That is so terrible. I've actually seen her run before.

Being a track athlete, I've had my fair share of injuries. You always feel so bad to see someone go down, especially in a meet. It shouldn't be humiliating, but it is.

I tore my hip flexor once while hurdling, such a terrible injury. Mine never fully healed, I wonder if her hamstring will.