Spring Forward vs Fall Back

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StroShow, Mar 11, 2010.

1. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

Now I'm not sure if it happens on your part of woods but it definitely happens here in Canada. On March 14th it's going to be spring forward so it made me think that there's different pro's and con's about all this...I was wondering which one you enjoy more and why??

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I like it to get darker earlier and be dark when I wake up in the morning. But thinking about the clocks changing gives me brain ache, I can never fully get my head around it without concentrating :lol: So, I think putting the clocks back is the one I prefer. Fall back, whatever you want to call it.

3. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

I like the fall better. Because that means I get an extra hour of sleep. Five am rolls around, but wait! One more hour of sleep! Yay!

4. Unity

Unity Chett Chetterfield Staff Member

You know, my knee-jerk reaction is to say Fall back is better because of the sleep. But ultimately that one hour isn't usually a huge deal for me, so it's more about the recognition of changing seasons.

Spring is my favorite, so I'm definitely going to go with Spring Forward!

5. Envy

Envy Band Nerd ♫

Fall back is superior in every single way.

Fall is a great season. Sleeping an extra hour is great. Having it get darker early seems more natural to me.

Spring is a horrible season. Getting less of an hour of sleep is a dread. The sun staying up longer is just weird.

"Spring forward"... Psh... Spring always comes way too early. >_>

6. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

Mind you, after a whole winter of it getting dark before six, I do enjoy that the time change gives a boost to the length of the day. So I'm gonna change my answer to 'on the fence'

7. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I hate how early it gets dark right now, so I'm going with Spring Forward.

8. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I've always looked forward to setting the clocks back. I love the fall and don't mind that it gets dark earlier.
    I will admit though, by the time the winter is coming to a close, I am ready for that extra hour of light and knowing the warmer weather is on its way.

9. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

I feel the same way AngelsPeak does.
    ...I love the Fall / Autumn, it's my favorite time of year. But I also appreciate when I see all the signs that Springtime is closely approaching us. :)

10. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

I love the extra hour of sleep we get when it's fall back, and I hate the hour of sleep we lose on spring forward. But if I had to chose one I'll take spring forward pver fall back because it's bright when I wake up at 7 am and it's bright till like 8-9 pm...plus summer is my favorite season of the year so it's a great feeling to me when it's spring forward.