• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Spring Cleaning

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
Having had to get my apartment leaven free (i.e work continuously to make sure there are no crumbs anywhere for the upcoming Passover (tomorrow night) I was wondering if and when do you bother to do your spring cleaning?
Do you really keep to cleaning vigorously only once a year or do you do so every once in a while? How much effort do you put into it or have you never even bothered to go to such detail?

Adastra

Registered Member
My sister and I clean every day, we are both very tidy. Not just dishes and sweeping, laundry and such but dusting, windows, everything! We usually do it when we are angry about something, so with both of us females in one house you can see how tempers flare and things get cleaned often lol. Plus it just looks awful when it is dirty and you have company over to the home, which is also often. You would think we were both obsessive about it but really it's nice to do something productive rather then let it build up from being idle.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
We clean the whole apartment [in details] once a week.
During the week we try to keep things tidy ... though no matter how much I try ... I always turn my room into some mess that seems like it is made by the dinosaurs.
Though I've never heard of this spring cleaning ...

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
My sister and I clean every day, we are both very tidy. Not just dishes and sweeping, laundry and such but dusting, windows, everything! We usually do it when we are angry about something, so with both of us females in one house you can see how tempers flare and things get cleaned often lol. Plus it just looks awful when it is dirty and you have company over to the home, which is also often. You would think we were both obsessive about it but really it's nice to do something productive rather then let it build up from being idle.
Wow.. That is impressive. Anger="Clean up time". I wish I was activated in a similar way :lol:

Though I've never heard of this spring cleaning ...
I personally don't know why it's called spring cleaning, the only association I can make is that Passover is always in the beginning of spring and so we (Jews) always clean our homes to the tiniest details at that time of year, perhaps it became a western thing to do the same and call it thus accordingly.

Adastra

Registered Member
Wow.. That is impressive. Anger="Clean up time". I wish I was activated in a similar way :lol:

Yeah it forces you not to act out of anger, an outlet if you will. Take it out on moping the floor haha. Works very well and you end up with a clean home.

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
Yeah it forces you not to act out of anger, an outlet if you will. Take it out on moping the floor haha. Works very well and you end up with a clean home.
:) I'll try and keep that in mind...

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I pay someone to clean it for me every fortnight. My place isn't all that big, so she is able to scrub everything in one day. I obviously keep it clean daily. When it does get out of hand, I often find moving house is easier... LOL

Easily-Amused

http://easily-amused.com/
First of all: rawr i hate passover. I can't eat my favourite foods and my whole family gets grumpy. grrrr.

okay onto the actual topic: i suck at cleaning. I just kind of clean in random spurts and it stays clean for about 24-48 hours and then it falls into chaos again. there is no "spring cleaning" ritual, it just kind of... happens. sometimes.

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
I do a "Spring cleaning" every 6 months, it keeps things in order, tidy and keeps unwanted or no longer needed things from building up.

Sigurd

Internet Dig Dug
I do cleaning every other week, I don't do spring cleaning. It's just to much work for me.