• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sports you wish you played more?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
What sports do you wish you played more often?

For me it's mainly golf, and a little bit of tennis.

I haven't actually golfed on a course in over ten years, but when @Millz and I occasionally hit the driving range I really enjoy it. I had hip replacements done in my early 20s, and because of that golf is one of the few sports that I can actively play. I totally suck at it, but in the last year or so I've been trying to motivate myself to start getting back at it.

I always enjoyed tennis as well, and again it's something that I could just do casually with friends. I just haven't had much opportunity to play in a long time.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Tennis and street hockey.

I used to have a group of about 10-12 family and friends and we'd play street hockey at the local park every Sunday for a handful of years. I still have all the equipment, but it was short lived. A few moved away, a few quit and I tore my ACL a few times. Now everything just gathers dust in the basement.

I'd looooove to play again.

As for tennis, half of that said group also did tennis when we didn't have enough for full hockey teams. Lots of fun as well. I miss that.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Baseball and Golf, and I wouldn't be opposed to play more basketball.

Work just doesn't allow it anymore, since I get home a little passed 7, Monday to Friday. It's been two years in a row that I haven't played baseball. Before that, I've played every summer, in some sort of league since I was about four. So, I miss it tremendously.

I also have a part-time job on Sunday's, so it's hard for me to get on the golf course on weekends, too.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I'm actually gonna play golf for the 3rd time ever in my life on Saturday with the whole family for our annual golf tournament. I have an horrendous swing but we're having fun so that's all that matters. But I'm gonna start loving golf.

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
Back when I was in high school back in the 90's, I would have liked to play high school football.

But I couldn't because back then my high school didn't have a football team, as I grew up in an ecomonically poor community.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Probably soccer or street hockey, but it's hard to get enough people together for a game. I guess that's why there are leagues.