• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sports Shows With No Sports

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have a friend who’s a sports radio talk show host. He said the last month or so has been rough because his entire show had to switch from coverage to speculation and sports related coverage of Coronavirus.

What sports programming do you follow and how have they stayed afloat with no sports to talk about?

Konshentz

Konshentz
Pat McAfee is THRIVING during this pandemic. His show is just as funny (and sometimes funnier) without live sports.

He's the only sports related show I regularly listen to/watch. So, I don't know how the others are doing.

Reactions: Doc

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I listen to Cowherd and Clay Travis a lot. They both seem to be doing fine. Cowherd talks a lot about the upcoming NFL draft, but I don’t know what he’s going to talk about when that’s done.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Pat McAfee is THRIVING during this pandemic. His show is just as funny (and sometimes funnier) without live sports.

He's the only sports related show I regularly listen to/watch. So, I don't know how the others are doing.
^^This. McAfee is also self-aware enough to know when he's having a bad show and will be blunt with the audience. You can tell when it's a bad show especially when McAfee and Hawk Sports Talk ends early. "This show is over."

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
I've been trying to listen to sports talk radio stations here in New England lately. But they often don't talk about sports, talking about the coronavirus instead.

It's getting on my nerves, to be honest. I want to hear about sports topics, and hear about what's going on with the Patriots. I don't think it's healthy for me to be hearing about the virus all of the time, as I don't want to start to get overly worried about it.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I've been trying to listen to sports talk radio stations here in New England lately. But they often don't talk about sports, talking about the coronavirus instead.

It's getting on my nerves, to be honest. I want to hear about sports topics, and hear about what's going on with the Patriots. I don't think it's healthy for me to be hearing about the virus all of the time, as I don't want to start to get overly worried about it.
The solution to all of your sports talk needs: The Pat McAfee Show

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
At this point, the local and regional sports radio stations here in Maine and New England have a lot to talk about during their sports shows, as the Patriots played their first regular season game of the new NFL season.

And the Red Sox and the Celtics are currently playing now as well.