• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sports Fights

Zenheizer

needs practice
Which sport has the worst fights?

Basketball brawls get the most publicity, especially since the Brawl in Palace of Auburn Hills. And the WNBA Sparks-Shocks Brawl, so surprising. These players are so tall and their length is so long, probably really hard to contain them for restraint.

Hockey has the most fights, players almost always go 1 on 1, gloves off and the refs let them vent their firsts for 45 seconds or so before breaking it up.

American football probably gets the least mount of fighting, I think football players are trained more than other sports to hold in their frustration anger...but when it does happen these are the strongest athletes!
Baseball dugouts empty many times a season as huge pileups ensure...and some hitters walk to the pitcher with the bat!

Soccer, cricket, other sports fights? Tell me about them.

It's playoff basketball in the NBA, and recently was watching YouTube NBA fights...and this was before players got suspended for leaving the bench. In the 80s and 90s those benches cleared!

Last edited:

viLky

ykLiv
Hockey. All the other sports it looks as if they're just shoving, throwing haymakers and/or "hulking up" before they actually do anything damaging. Hockey you can see legit punches and teeth flying all over the place.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I don't know what sport. Seems like baseball has the most bench-clearing brawls, but that's because the NBA and NFL have pretty strict rules about that sort of thing.

Best brawl I remember was in the Miami vs FIU college football game a few years back.

BigBob

Registered Member
I don't know what sport. Seems like baseball has the most bench-clearing brawls, but that's because the NBA and NFL have pretty strict rules about that sort of thing.

Best brawl I remember was in the Miami vs FIU college football game a few years back.
I've got to agree with the Miami vs FIU. That was ridiculous and that was a game where both teams were just, or so it seemed, full of a shit ton of thugs. You had gives kicking with their spikes down into peoples legs, other players running onto the field swinging their helmet as hard as they could

Here's a video of pretty much "the best of" the brawl.

YouTube - miami florida international brawl

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I loved The Malice at the Palace, it was so entertaining.

But I have to go with Hockey fights, usually you'll have one on one, but at other times you'll get five on five. Some times you'll only have five players left on the bench for each teams since everyone got kicked out of the game.

Hopefully this works, but this is one of my favorite hockey brawls of all-time.

YouTube - Montreal Canadiens vs. Philadelphia Flyers

OpenRoad

I think fights can be more than just physical. Senna and Prost had a poisonous relationship in the late 80's and early 90's, I won't forget Senna righting a few wrongs and driving into Prost at 150mph at Suzuka, so for me the best fights are the ones that are on the cusp of bubbling over. Always more tense!