• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sports Apparel

Konshentz

Konshentz
How serious do you take your fandom? Will you only wear your team's jerseys and hats? Or are you fine wearing whatever team you like the look of?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I’ll only wear my favourite teams apparel; however, there are some exceptions - when it comes to old-school players that I love.

dDave

V.I.P.
I don't wear a ton of sports apparel but I have stuff from various teams. Mostly I try to avoid wearing stuff from teams I hate.

I've worn stuff from the Lakers, Chicago Cubs, English FIFA, USA FIFA, Manchester United, Golden State Warriors, and I'm sure a few others I'm not thinking of right now. I usually won't go out of my way to buy sports apparel for a specific team but I have to say that football (ie soccer) jerseys are fantastically comfortable to wear.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I only wear my fandom's apparel. I try to pick up a new ball cap or jersey every time I go to a game. My favorite right now is my black Lamar Jackson jersey. It looks awesome over top of a hoodie.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I only wear Astros and Cowboys gear. Most of it is tshirts and caps. I’m not really a jersey guy, but I do have a few.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Oh, I forgot to mention my teams. I would wear MD Terps, Buckeyes, Ravens, Orioles, and any other Baltimore sport.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I'm good with wearing whatever. The only team I am a diehard fan of is the Sharks. But I still own a Golden Knights hat. I just love that logo/those colors.

I also own a Chiefs hoodie and a Packers hat, even though I root for the Patriots. (I also own 4 Patriots hoodies and 3 hats) But that has more to do with fantasy football than anything. If players from a team carry me to a championship, there's a chance I will rock something from their shop afterwards. I'm just weird like that. Haha.

This thread came about because a dude at work actually got pissed that I was wearing my Knights hat after I mentioned I was actually a Sharks fan. Haha.

Reactions: Doc

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah, I’m definitely not a jersey guy for the most part, either. Maybe it’s because they’re so expensive. I just prefer a shirtsey over a jersey.

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
When it comes to sports apparel, I only wear New England Patriots shirts and sweaters.

But at the same time, I don't own much in the way of Patriots clothing.

However, when I walk around Portland, Maine during the summertime, I never wear shirts that have the Patriots logo and name on it because if I do, some creepy people will come up to me and say they like my shirt and will try to strike up a conversation with me.

Konshentz

Konshentz
However, when I walk around Portland, Maine during the summertime, I never wear shirts that have the Patriots logo and name on it because if I do, some creepy people will come up to me and say they like my shirt and will try to strike up a conversation with me.
It's always fun when someone does the same thing to me when I am wearing a hat or sweatshirt from a team I don't follow super closely. I have to fake my way through a convo about how good the offensive line is gonna be, or how their third string goalie looks good this year. Fun times. Haha.