• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Spore Anyone?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I didn't see any recent threads on this game. There was a ton of hype surrounding it up until release but I haven't really heard much about it at all lately.

What gives? Is it fun? Has anybody here played it?

Is it so fun that everybody who is playing it has dropped off the net completely? Maybe that's why there hasn't been much talk about it here. :D

Tainted_Glory

Not a Scientologist
That's true. When I first got it I didn't leave my room for a week. You wantto know what the other alien races call me on Spore? The Omnipotent Fernikki. Fear my rath. Alsp, the reason why you haven't been hearuing a lot about it is becase of the DRM. Big mistake on Maxis' part.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Was going to get it, until I heard about the DRM.

Atreyu

#2 New Zealander

Stab-o-Matic5000

Cutting Edge in Murder
That's true. When I first got it I didn't leave my room for a week. You wantto know what the other alien races call me on Spore? The Omnipotent Fernikki. Fear my rath. Alsp, the reason why you haven't been hearuing a lot about it is becase of the DRM. Big mistake on Maxis' part.
I'm pretty sure I saw your creature in my game...

I don't know why people are in such an uproar about the DRM, it's not like it installs a video surveillance camera in your room or anything.

Tainted_Glory

Not a Scientologist
This is exactly what I said about the DRM to someone who was griping about it.

Also, did my creature show up as space fairing, and was it hostile?

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Probably makes me sound stupid. but DRM is?
Basically, it's a way of limiting what you can do with the hardware or software, in this case, you're unable to install Spore more than three times.

I don't know why people are in such an uproar about the DRM, it's not like it installs a video surveillance camera in your room or anything.
I'd rather not have software that includes a limit on the number of times I can install it without the developer / producer offering a new copy or a new licence key at a reduced price. If they either remove the DRM, or start offering licence keys to people who have brought the product (for a price), then I'll gladly buy it. Otherwise, I'll just have to miss out.

orbitalcows

Registered Member
Even without the DRM, I probably wouldn't buy it. I'm not a big fan of Sim-type games, even when you get to assemble your creatures by hand.