Sponsorship of My Sons Adoption..?

Nanner

Registered Member
As an adoptive Mom myself I find this auction to be offensive and very very tacky! (betting my letter to the poster doesn't make the Q/A section)!

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well just remember to a degree that the motto "To each his own" is good to keep in mind in times like these. Ask questions first, point fingers later.

kromsales

Registered Member
This is my auction. And no I am not using my son "to make a buck"
We want to adopt him and dont have the cash to do it. This was HIS idea. And we agreed to it. He gets made fun of at school, hates that he doesnt have his daddys name, hates that his name is different from mine and his brother and sisters. He has never known his bio father. My husband has raised him since he was 1. His bio father wants nothing to do with him unless he has a bottle of booze to share with him. There is a reserve of $2000 on this auction. $1500 for lawyers fees, $500 for court fees and document fees. I hardly call that making a buck of him. He is fully aware that we may not recieve the money for this. But he is willing to try. I wish to god I could just do it myself but we just cant afford it right now. We had a lawyer draw up the consent forms and flew to MI to have his bio father sign them. And that alone cost us over $2000. I just dont have anything left and this consent is only valid for 6 months and we are running out of time.
He just wants to be the same as his brother and sister. Its a sad time when people can make fun of something like this. And those same people can in turn think its ok to do much worse than this on ebay.
We love our son and are willing to do anything to make him happy and his life better. If that means putting this on ebay to try and get the money before the paper is no good then that is what I will do.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hello kromsales,

I don't think these people knew the story behind this. I personally wish you the best with your auction. I think that some of the people who read it thought it came across as "sponsoring the event," and not "help pay for the adoption." Using the situation as a "get rich quick" plan would in fact raise some eyebrows, but I think that your situation is a genuine one, and I believe some of the people who posted here may not have looked at the whole picture. I apologize if you felt "talked about behind your back," as that is not what this forum is for. Thank you for stopping by with your thoughts. I wish your auction had picked up some decent bids by now. If you would like any help with future auctions let me know.

Thanks,

Andrew

P.S. I would also like to ask everyone to refer to the forum rules. Please be careful what you say about other people's auctions. You may not know the whole story.

The_Human_Pin

Registered Member
Just as a case in point with my forehead I got some pretty major flack from some people till I was given the chance to explain my situation and then there attitude did a 180

So like andrew said find both sides of a story first then judge :)

B "THP" M

kromsales

Registered Member
Thank you both for your kind words. If I knew how to word it in the auction that this is not a get rich type thing I would. I just dont know how to word something like that without getting it pulled. I tried that already and they pulled it saying it was a charity auction. So I tried to be as general as possible. I suppose I didnt do so well in the department. Oh well maybe it will still sell. If I had gotten more bids even if they didnt reach the reserve I may have gotten a bit more attention.
Thanks for taking the time to read and understand what I was doing. That means a great deal to me.