Spoiler, Smackdown this week

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by generalblue, Mar 31, 2010.

1. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

Do not read this if you don't want to know what happens this week on Smackdown.

Rajah.com

[​IMG]
    We've got some major news coming out of Tuesday night's WWE [COLOR=red! important][COLOR=red! important]SmackDown[/COLOR][/COLOR] tapings, set to air this Friday night.
    Money in the Bank winner Jack Swagger cashed in his briefcase and defeated Chris Jericho and become [COLOR=red! important][COLOR=red! important]the [COLOR=red! important]new [/COLOR][COLOR=red! important]World[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] Heavyweight Champion.
    At the beginning of the show, [COLOR=red! important][COLOR=red! important]Chris [COLOR=red! important]Jericho[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] came out and had a confrontation with Edge. Edge attacked Jericho to reveal that his ribs were taped up from their match at [COLOR=red! important][COLOR=red! important]WrestleMania[/COLOR][/COLOR].
    Jack Swagger's music hit and he attacked the battered champion. Swagger hit a powerbomb and got the pinfall, capturing his first World Heavyweight title. The crowd was said to be "stunned" after the title change.

Thoughts? I think it is way to soon.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2010

2. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

:lol: Nice edit. I don't really have any other input but I always hate when the story arch's that way.

3. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Here's a video of it (that will probably be taken off by WWE very soon) YouTube - jack swagger wins world heavyweight championship

Definitely too soon but one positive to be taken from this i guess is that he's on Smackdown now where he might be used better. Still they should have built him up beforehand though to make him a more credible main eventer.

If we're talkin about ratings dropping after Wrestlemania, this is one way to do it. Swagger is not a draw. Especially compared to Edge or Jericho. They need to have a really good feud now to get him over, otherwise i can see this being an epic fail of a title run.

4. Sigurd

Sigurd Internet Dig Dug

I agree, Swagger is no draw. They definitely need to make some sort of epic feud to win him over with the fans. Way to go WWE for doing something that seems completely stupid.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I am extremely surprised that Jack Swagger won the title so early and cashed in his briefcase so early. It should be interesting to see how long he's going to keep it for and who he's going to feud against after this week.

6. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

Winning The ECW Title and appearing on Raw in several talking segments help Put Swagger over a bit. He is over with the fans to an extent and WWE pushing new talent is great. You get tired of seeing the same guys name on the championship belt year round. Swagger winning the World Heavyweight Championship really proves that WWE is trying to give younger talent a shot...unlike TNA.

7. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

Does it mean he has turned face now?

8. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

I doubt Swagger will turn face with this title run. In fact, he will probably get more heat for basically stealing the title. He tried to steal it from Cena but of course that wouldn't happen. So instead he goes after Jericho because he was the most vulnerable champion and took advantage. He is a thief! He 'stole the title'. Hopefully that is what the WWE is trying to do with him, to portray him as a thief or something in that nature. I am a Jack Swagger fan, but I still think this is way to soon, but at least now we can see if he can work with the big boys! I also doubt that this will kill the ratings because next week on Smackdown it will be Edge vs Jericho in a number on contenders match, that will probalbly lead to a triple threat at Extreme Rules with Edge, Jericho, and Swagger. Who know what can happen now after this.

9. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I agree with GB, I think the best thing is to keep Swagger face, I don't see him going over very well since he's very easy to hate. I just wonder what's next in line for him. Will he stay on Smackdown? Will he do both shows? There no many unanswered questions.

10. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I'm just gonna stop putting them in spoiler tags by now! :p

I think Swagger'll still be heel but the interesting thing i think about all this is Edge is kind if acting like the heel and Jericho is the face. Edge destroyed Jericho at Wrestlemania after losing and was getting a lot of heat for it. Then he spears the already badly injured Jericho this week leaving him vulnerable so Jack Swagger can get the win.

I'll have to see what the crowd reactions are like on Smackdown but i wouldn't mind a face Jericho. He's a great face and his monotone heel character right now is getting a little stale.