• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PC Games Splinter Cell: Double Agent

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm thinking of picking this up. Who here has played it, and can you compare the multiplayer to Chaos Theory and Pandora Tomorrow?

I still think PT was the best multiplayer game I have ever played, but I was playing it on XBOX. I don't have a 360 yet so I'd be getting Double Agent for PC.

Any thoughts?

TaskForceTiny

Hey buddy, long time no see.

No one else is answering, so I'll give my opinion from what I've played.

Multiplayer seems to be very similiar to PT with a few added features - such as stealthier kills in a variety of different styles. That's about it lol.

Gonna have to say I completely agree with you as well. PT was by far the greater game. It had one of the most suspensful story lines I've seen in a game - a good thriller.

Don't know if you've played R SIX : VEGAS yet, but if you like Clancy's storylines in a game you should try that out too.
As for purchasing DA - go nuts, I'd buy it but I'm too busy spending money on upgrades.

REGARDS

TFT

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hey dude,

So you think DA is worst multiplayer than PT or did I misunderstand your response?

Have you played Chaos Theory? I have not played CT or DA, which is why I am trying to decide which one would be better to get. Are they both 3 on 3 or does CT have the PT style 2 on 2?

TaskForceTiny

Well, I think CT tried its hardest to top PT MP but didn't succeed. DA did. I haven't played the 360 version but MP on DA is still 3 v 3.
I think that DA rocks, so in a nutshell - yeah MP on it is better, and it'd be worth buying.
(Enough acronyms? lol)

There is a demo avail to download as well, dunno if you've tried it?

Take care

TFT

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I do have the demo for DA. The controls are a bit difficult to get used to for PC but I think once I get them down it will be more fun. That and the fact that I wasn't able to find a game with other humans in, so it was just me running around.

What game modes were there in MP for PT? DA seems to only have one multiplayer mode, while I could have sworn PT had at least 2.