• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Spitting

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
By spitting, I mean expelling saliva from your mouth in the form of a liquid projectile.

I spit sometimes. Sometimes theres just such a buildup in my mouth with a funny taste. I never spit on the sidewalk or indoors of course. I spit onto the dirt, or into the gutter as I'm walking. If I'm inside, sometimes I'll go spit into the toilet. I just find that sometimes I have to spit.

I hate seeing people spit onto the sidewalk or indoors. I've seen it, its gross. Especially in the winter, the spit freezes to the cement in a frozen bump of mouth juice. Right where people walk, gross.

What are your views on spitting?

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I dont have any problem with Spitting... as long as you maintain a basic respect for others and its not a stupid excessive amount.

And by stupid excessive I mean like when you're at a High School and the idiot boys are spitting every other minute for the sake of spitting. You're not a dog pissing to mark your territory, theres no need to spit like that unless you're literally a non-stop saliva machine.

But as far as just randomly spitting in public, I dont mind it.. Im not repulsed by someone leaning over and spitting.

My routine in the morning is usually to roll the window down and hock a big ol' lougie when I get to the corner of my street. Just sorta how it works out :hah: I've actually done that for as long as I've been driving and I dont know why.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Yeah, I have no problem with spitters... as long as I am not hit with the wet projectile. I spit every once in a while, sometimes for no other reason than to just be awesome.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I dont have any problem with Spitting... as long as you maintain a basic respect for others and its not a stupid excessive amount.

And by stupid excessive I mean like when you're at a High School and the idiot boys are spitting every other minute for the sake of spitting. You're not a dog pissing to mark your territory, theres no need to spit like that unless you're literally a non-stop saliva machine.

But as far as just randomly spitting in public, I dont mind it.. Im not repulsed by someone leaning over and spitting.

My routine in the morning is usually to roll the window down and hock a big ol' lougie when I get to the corner of my street. Just sorta how it works out :hah: I've actually done that for as long as I've been driving and I dont know why.
Yah, most of my spitting happens in the morning too. I wake up with like a furry throat or something, and by the time I get out the door to head to work, I'm coughing it up a bit, and it's gotta go somewhere right? Like you said though, theres no issue as long as you're not being rude about it. On the topic of spitting out the vehicle, most Canadians know not to spit out the vehicle window while the car is moving in the winter, because the spit comes back and freezes to the side of your vehicle haha. Makes washing it annoying :lol:

Iris

rainbow 11!
it doesn't bother me as long as they aren't obnoxious about it. I tend to spit when no one is around. and when I do, it's in the sink, an empty or old cup/bottle/can that I throw away or in the dirt. I wouldn't do it in front of a huge group of people. I try to be discreet about it. but I wouldn't be offended if someone had to spit in front of me. just as long as they exercise some level of respect by being discreet!

Bliss

Sally Twit
I don't want to see that shit. Ever. Do it in private if you really have to. It's one of the most disgusting things a human can do in public if you ask me. Especially when the damn thing is hanging from their mouth, getting longer and longer.
I feel sick just thinking about it.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I don't mind the spitting sports wise because it always happens and it will never will stop anyway. Public is a whole different story, oh my god. I hate people who spit in public, I try to minimise my spitting but if I really need to spit, I just spit on dirt and mess it around so it's not visible, I also make sure that no one sees me doing it.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I never spit. And if I do, I do it in privately ...only when it feels like something is stuck in my mouth or when I feel like there's a hair inside lol.

Disgusting, I know!

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I don't care for spitting. It may be gross, but I put up with it.

I used to spit, but that was when I was a rebellious 15 and 16 year old. I realized how stupid it was, especially when I started swallowing my spit again... hahaha.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have no issues with spitting, I especially spit more often when I drink, obviously I won't do it indoors, but I'll spit on the grass usually. I'll only do it in front of my friends, not in front of family or complete strangers.

I don't find it disgusting at all.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
idisrsly General Discussion 18
Bubbles Offbeat News 3
Fresh NFL 5