• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Spirituality and sex.

Daemonic

Registered Member
I guess this can go in religion..

In a recent topic, I felt that some people may get the wrong idea when I say my opinions on sex. I don't talk much about my spirituality but felt it may be good to mention that is part of my spirituality. I may voice the fact I have a free spirited view but that does not mean I sleep around or disrespect girls. I view sex as both an art and act of worship from my spirituality. Personally, I don't do it much but voice my opinion because to me it is both an art and represents that act that brings about life, which is beautiful. To me it is an act that honors nature....

That doesn't mean I just want to get into peoples pants though. I do care about people and don't just use them....

While I don't talk about my spirituality much if anyone has questions on this aspect of my beliefs I will be happy to answer.

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
I guess this can go in religion..

In a recent topic, I felt that some people may get the wrong idea when I say my opinions on sex. I don't talk much about my spirituality but felt it may be good to mention that is part of my spirituality. I may voice the fact I have a free spirited view but that does not mean I sleep around or disrespect girls. I view sex as both an art and act of worship from my spirituality. Personally, I don't do it much but voice my opinion because to me it is both an art and represents that act that brings about life, which is beautiful. To me it is an act that honors nature....

That doesn't mean I just want to get into peoples pants though. I do care about people and don't just use them....

While I don't talk about my spirituality much if anyone has questions on this aspect of my beliefs I will be happy to answer.
I can somewhat understand how it is you feel, but I must ask this. When you think of sex, do you think of creating life every time? Is this the goal of you having sex each and every time?

I think maybe you would say no to those questions, as I believe 95% of sex is not about creation of life, it is about only pleasure or maybe taking relations to the "next level".

It has been nearly 4 years since my first time having sex, and I know this is not so long or so much experience but I have found most of this was not about me or my pleasure, it was mostly about the guy taking the pleasures. Only very few times did it feel to me like it was all about me and my pleasures. Do not misunderstand, I have always consented, for the most part, and I can not name more than 1 time it was not of some form of satisfactory in some ways, but just not like how you have described.

I am not sure how this applies to religion though in my view.

Daemonic

Registered Member
I'm not always thinking about creating life when I think of sex but.... I often think about it in the sense that the act of sex does create life, but that is not always the goal. Even when done safe though, it is symbolic of the event that brings about life, and as I revere life, I beleive it it honors both nature and the gift of life.

Last edited:

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
What spirituality? Also, are you sure this is how you truly feel and not just your mind's way of validating your thoughts and thus your actions? When you make a claim like this, you have to be certain of it.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Those who consider themselves broad-minded and those who maintain that all things are from God should, one would assume, be especially receptive of a viewpoint like yours. However, it doesn't seem to shake out that way in real time. Why, in your opinion, do the majority of Westerners today have sex and spirituality separated in their minds so completely that a thread like this might be hard for them to comprehend?
------
Second question: Your thinking sounds almost more Buddhist than Pagan to me. How much, if at all, do you concur with this 7-paragraph section of a 1995 Buddhist lecture on sexual ethics?

Last edited:

Daemonic

Registered Member
What spirituality? Also, are you sure this is how you truly feel and not just your mind's way of validating your thoughts and thus your actions? When you make a claim like this, you have to be certain of it.
Yes, I came across these beleifs during the couple years I was wiccan. There was a point before I became wiccan that I was not at all this free spirited about sex or relationships and didn't view it spiritually. I would say for a couple years before I found Wicca for the most part hated everyone to the point it was disturbing, I also had buried love so much to make myself stronger that the two people I dated during my hateful period I just ended up hurting badly because I never took them serious, and the one even ended up wanting to get married. I wasn't always like that though but used to be very loving.

Anyway, a while after I became Wiccan I was looking up different Gods one day. I mostly connected with Greek ones when I was Wiccan but during my research I came across Aphrodite. Never had much interest in her before and to be honest at first didn't like her very much. I kept going back to her though for some reason and decided I would give it a shot and work with her for a while. After a while I felt like she was trying to help me pull something out I buried and make me question my views on relationships and sex. So I began to ask myself why I hold certain views on different morals when it comes to love and sex. If I couldn't find a good reason I changed those morals. I remember at one point reading about her priestesses and how having sex with them used to be an act of worship. At first when it became spiritual for me I just viewed it as honoring the love Goddess. Eventually though Aphrodite became more for me than just a symbol of that type of love. She became my patron deity, and even though she didn't traditionally represent all kinds of love for me she began to do so. I began to fall in love with nature, lost my hatred, and love the gift of love and life. I became aware of the beauty of the cycle of life, death, and birth. I came to see sex not only as a way of worshiping my Goddess but also life and nature. For the longest time I loved working with her. I still love her and am thankful for things I learned while working with her but I got to a point though where I let myself become so obsessed with love that it became destructive. I was holding expectations of myself when it came to love that I doubt even she had of me. I decided to move on from her peacefully because I felt she had taught what I needed and it was time for me to move on. Perhaps find another deity at some point I connect with and learn from. Anyway, after a while I found myself having a few disagreements with Wicca and for a while didn't have much of a spirituality. I do sort of have a beliefs system now but things have been so crazy and I was doing so bad after losing spirituality that I haven't gotten to use it to help me. For that reason I wont use the label on myself because I haven't done enough with it and if anything am treating myself the opposite way I should be right now. Even if I have been neglecting my spiritual side I still do hold some basic views that are spiritual to me. One of those views being how I view sex, spiritually.

Those who consider themselves broad-minded and those who maintain that all things are from God should, one would assume, be especially receptive of a viewpoint like yours. However, it doesn't seem to shake out that way in real time. Why, in your opinion, do the majority of Westerners today have sex and spirituality separated in their minds so completely that a thread like this might be hard for them to comprehend?
------
Second question: Your thinking sounds almost more Buddhist than Pagan to me. How much, if at all, do you concur with this 7-paragraph section of a 1995 Buddhist lecture on sexual ethics?
I don't know, I guess the separation of sex and spirituality could have something to do with influence of the abrahamic religions and their views on sex, which are restrictive. In many ways it makes sex look like something dirty. For some people it may just be because of how they were raised or lack of spirituality. Then again, I guess most people that follow Abrahamic religions would say they view it spiritual also since it is based on their belief's. So I guess another persons view on religion and spiritually could make my view difficult for someone to understand. Even though I once had a more Christian like view of sex I find it difficult to understand how it can be considered dirty because of what it symbolizes and celebrates from my perspective.

I would agree with my view being pagan, not to say that all pagans would share my view cause there are so many types of pagans and paganism. In general though I came across my views while following a pagan religion.