• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Spinning Buildings

Bananas

Endangered Species
I saw this on the TV earlier. Not sure I fancy going in one but they do look awesome from the outside. The article I saw was about a building in Moscow this one appears to be Dubai but its the same crazy concept, I hope they become reality.
YouTube - Plans for First Rotating Skyscraper Unveiled

Blueyes

Registered Member
I can only assume that it goes so slow that you don't even notice because some people get motion sickness and I'll be that'd be horrible if you got a few hundred of them in there and let er rip.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
That's pretty crazy. I've always been interested in architecture so I love seeing stuff like this. I'm not sure I'd want to live in a rotating skyscraper though.

Easily-Amused

http://easily-amused.com/
its almost like the Seattle Space Needle, only fully-functional and not a tourist trap.
i love the idea :) I want to see it built.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have to say that's one of the coolest buildings I've ever seen. I really hope they do this. I'd like to see some of those in the US too so I can have a chance to see one in person.

Sephy

Forum Drifter
The Dubai building is scheduled first (of course lol). But yeah this is neat. But how will they work elevators and stairs? I assume the middle will house all of that. But another question is how will they work out water and sewage? Also the Dubai building is $3,000 per square foot with apartments ranging from $40,000 to 4 million.

ComicFitz

Registered Member
Yeah really cool and would love to see it built, but the problem is, the more moving part in something the better chance of breaking. I can just imagine how big of a lemon the first one will be.

Hiei

The Hierophant
I want to see that thing built so I can watch it twist into awesome shapes. But it'd have to be in one of those time lapse videos since I don't want to watch a building slowly spin all day.

I'd also like to see one crumble like a tower of Jenga blocks.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Now that's a trip! I would so live in one of those if I had the cash.

What a cool idea..I hope to see it some day.