Spinach recipes?

I'm sorry if this isn't allowed, but does anyone have any really good recipes for spinach dishes?

I'm trying to eat healthier, so for starting off, I'm trying to cut red meat from my diet, and add a lot more leafy green stuff. Lettuce is out thanks to an unfortunate allergy, so I figured spinach was the next best thing.

But, really, the only spinach recipes I have are spinach pizza, and a salad with feta cheese and olive oil. So, I really need to build my cookbook up!

Any yummy recipes out there?

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Stuffed Mushrooms with Bleu Cheese and Spinach.

What you'll need
16 large mushrooms
4 ounces blue cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
1 box (10 oz size) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
2 tablespoons butter (*)
Salt and pepper, to taste

*if you want to be more healthy use a non-trans fat, low cholesterol type butter, or some sort of butter/margerine substitute.

What you do
use the mushrooms as cups, popping the stems out and dicing them up (mix them with the bleu cheese, spinach, and butter. You should have a nice paste built up to fill the mushroom cups... obviously hence the name.. stuff the 'shrooms and cook them in the oven. I say roughly 350 degrees until the tops turn a little brown and begin to bubble.

Buddhz

Registered Member
Get some dried cannelloni tubes and in a bowl mix a tub of ricotta cheese, raw spinach and black pepper. Stuff the tubes with the mixture (i use the handle of a wooden spoon) and put in a baking dish. Cover in a tomato pasta sauce and some grated cheese. Put in the oven until the tubes are cooked.

Delish.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
You can also screw around with a Quesodilla recipe i like to use,

start with whole grain Pita bread and fill it with a cheese to your liking. I know on some diets certain cheeses are restricted so whatever it is that you are allowed to have go ahead and use that. Then toss in some pre-steamed spinach leaves, put the now stuffed pita pockets in the oven until the cheese melts and you're good!