• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Spiderman 3 is out!

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Did anybody go see Spiderman 3 at the midnight showing? I didn't but I may end up seeing this one soon. I hope it's better than the second one though because I thought that one could have been a lot better.

Any thoughts of opinions yet on this one?

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I'm so excited about this one. I haven't seen a single review and have only seen a few trailers, so I'm not sure what to expect.

Just checked rotten tomatoes and its checking in at a 61%. that's really low for this franchise. arggg- that's heartbreaking.

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
All I can say is, if you haven't gone to see it yet, wait for the DVD. I was yawning halfway through and like Dragon said, they could have shortened/deleted a few scenes.
I CANNOT wait for the new Pirates this month.......sooooooo excited.:nod:

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Ok now that it has been out a week I can talk about this one.

The Spfx were awesome! And the fight were cool too. But the plot sucked.....65% of the movie just got lost in the translation.

I think that they were trying to hard.

Now don't read the spoilers if you haven't seen this

Ok let's get this rip party under way.

First off They had the wrong person for venom. They needed a bigger actor. Not star wise but bulk wise.
Next H.O hits his head and poof all is gone..I mean come on!
Now they are all friends.
They waisted so much time..What was up with the whole peter strutting thing? I know... 5 mins of wasted time!

Now the nitty gritty.

Sand man. Wrong!!!!!! He wasnt a puss! Peters uncles killer was not sand man! Befor he was sand man.

Venom! He was too small. He didn't even do any of the cool venom things.
Where the hell was the tongue!!!! He didn't even like spideys face for crap sake!

The team up......WRONG!!!!!!!

Then back to hairy and his blank spot. He looks in the mirror and poof it's all back..I know some of you are gonna say the day with M.J made it all spark back..
Ok now lets get to M.J
What the HELL???? Who in the hell told her she could sing? Who ever they are they should be shot. The whole M.J plot line got lost in the mess.

Then there is the time line thing....Peter and H.O fight and H.O gets blown up and the next day he is fine. All healed...WTF????

Now they team up to fight sandman and venom...Nope! WRONG! But they did it anyways.
Then spidey let's sand man go...Bullshit!
Oh yeah let's not forget that they killed off venom...All I can say is ????????

All in all it was worth the free pass and the time. Save your cash and wait for DVD and was it me or did spidey look a bit chunkey and M.J look a bit old?
Ok now that's out of my system...I would say wait..The spfx were cool but not 10 bucks cool. But hey that's just what I think.
See it or don't see it. It's all the same to me :D

Last edited:

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
One guy told me it was the best of the three but I've heard too many bad reviews to get too excited now.

I think Fantastic 4 (2) is the way to go when it comes to super hero movies this summer. I'll save my $10 for that one I think, not to mention Pirates 3. :)

Dragon

V.I.P.
I think I like Spiderman 2 better although I didn't understand why Doc OC threw a car through the cafe window when Peter and MJ were talking.

I didn't like the way they had Peter waste movie time by strutting either. The Little Nicky look didn't impress me.

The Butler. Hey Harry, I forgot to tell you that 2 years ago Spiderman didn't kill your dad. I cleaned the wound myself and the injuries were from the glider.

Crane Accident: Did that crane operator even get rescued? Screw that guy, I am just going to save the girl instead

I was upset when Spiderman just let Sandman go also. What the heck? Spiderman, I am going to beat you up and try to kill you. Thanks for forgiving me!

carebear

Registered Member
My husband and I saw Spidey 3 last week. I liked it a lot, but I think my husband could have waited for the DVD.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Spider-man 3 had an amazing trailer, I'm a big fan of the first 2 so everything was looking great but I was really dissapointed with this one. Yeah the CGI is slick and as far as super hero films go its still one of the better ones but it just doesn't live up to the standard of the first 2.
Too many villains meant certain scren time had to be sacrificed.
I was all for Harry lending a helping hand but when hes practically doing EVERYTHING you start to wonder who the real hero is here.

Teorropy

Can you believe it.

I still have not seen it.

It is going out on DVD really soon.

Will have to get all of them, like the 1st and 2nd.

I am pretty sure I will like the 3rd.