• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Spice Question

Kanji

Registered Member
What are the best spices to add to Spanish Rice to make it taste better? I've got where I like making Spanish Rice out of the box and I'm just looking for something to jazz it up a bit.

Loyal-Friend

Registered Member
I find Cayenne pepper is ideal for this sort of thing.

It's also great in vegetable soups etc.

Half a teaspoon will give a nice mild kick but I usually find one whole teaspoon is too much for my taste, depends on how spicy you like it. It's always best to experiment.

Impact

V.I.P.
So, that dish looks like it's base is tomato (Sorry for my ignorance at what that is)

But anyway, i'd use either paprika, or oregano, and possibly basil to spice that up, depending what flavour I was in the mood for. Maybe fry off a little garlic with each too. Oh, and if you wanted it spicy, add some fresh chilli

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I don't know about Spanish rice, but I eat Zatarain's red beans and rice a lot and like to add some hot sauce to it. I figure that could be good in Spanish rice as well.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Politics & Law 10
HalfEatenSurprise Food & Beverage 11
Babe_Ruth Birthdays 11
Babe_Ruth Music 14
BigBob Bathroom Wall 11