• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Spice Girls

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes, that's correct, Bizzy is starting a Spice Girls thread.

There's a lot of people my age at GF, meaning that you were in your teens when the Spice Girls were on top of the music world.

I'm wondering if anyone here was a fan of them while growing up? Did you have that Spice Girl mania fever? I remember Wannabe being a song that was always on the radio at a time.

Personally, I didn't love them, but didn't hate them either. If they were on the radio I wouldn't change the station. I thought they had a lot of catchy tunes, and knew how to get the attention from fans.

How bout' you guys?

Elana

V.I.P. Lifetime
Bizzy, my image of you is ruined forever now... :lol:

But there was a time I liked them, they were huge in Europe! I'll hear a SG song now and then and it brings back memories, and most of the songs I liked then, I still like today.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
HAHA!! Elana, don't break my heart like that. We had so much promise ;)

Speaking of Forever, isn't that a Spice Girls song? I think that was a little hint there Elana, don't need to be a closet fan of them, let it all out.

In all seriousness though, I don't like them now. I just thought of them randomly for some reason, and I remember getting my groove on with the ladies back in ninth grade at our school dances. Decided to see if anyone else boogied down to them back in the day.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I loved them! I obsessed over the movie. I don't listen to them now, but if I happen to come across a song, I will give it a listen.

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
I had absolutely no opinion of them whilst growing up. I think a lot of people got bored with them eventually, they were five average girls with five average voices but it all just seemed to work with the message they were sending out.

The Spice Girls were definitely not my cup of tea by any stretch of the imagination but I could tolerate them. Their music was easy to listen to.

Dabs

Registered Member
The only thing I liked about the Spice Girls was Victoria's husband, David Beckham :)

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I actually still listen to their music every now and again... no lie. It was great stuff back then, and still is... kind of... these days!

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I liked them and it's a change from the usual music scene dominated by males, or male groups. True there were other female groups after them but not as big as Spice Girls. When I heard of them I was still all innocent so I naturally preferred Baby spice then haha.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I always loved Sporty Spice, I think it was a sign that I was destined to be a dyke.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Yeah I very much like the Spice Girls! I used to listen to them a lot during my teen era.
I have a lot of favorite songs by them.

My favorite member is Baby Spice [Emma]