Sperm donor required to pay child support?

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Mirage, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Um, OMG? This is an older article but seriously, are judges today out of their minds?

$PERM WAIL BY DONOR - New York Post

This guy is being required to pay child support for a child that he donated sperm for.

Just because his name is on the birth certificate shouldn't mean he has to pay child support. It's not like he was a bad father who left or anything. The very idea is absurd.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

After reading the article and seeing how he called himself "Dad" and was basically a father to the child, I don't think it's all that ridiculous. It's not like he donated sperm randomly and had no contact with his child.

3. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah but it also says it had been 15 years since he had contact with him and that they had an agreement that he wouldn't be involved finacially.

4. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Oh boy did he go way beyond being just a "sperm donor" and he should have gotten slapped with child support.

5. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

That's rediculous. Just because the guy wants to send gifts and shit doesn't mean that they should be required to pay child support. I want to hunt these judges down and do bad things to them.

6. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

How did he go over? He was a family friend. So now all family friends who send gifts to kids have to pay child support? The only difference is that he was a sperm donor.

No matter how many gifts he sent he should in NO WAY ever be required to pay child support.

7. Blueyes

Family friends don't put there names on the birth certificate of the child. Family friends don't send gifts and money and cards and sign them "dad" or "daddy"

If she went to a sperm donor there would be no name on the birth certificate for father and there would be no gifts showering in from the donor either.

8. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

You'd think he would have done more than just have a verbal agreement with the mom as far as support payments.

He should gone to court and made it legal.

I think the fact that he involved himself in the boys life shows that he was more than just a "sperm donor" and that he should be obligated to pay something.

At the same time the mother is a bit of a bitch for going back on her word and suing for the money.

9. EXQEX9

EXQEX9 Yep.

He was told "Hey! You! Fap into this cup!" not "Hey! You! Fap into this cup and then bail out the bitch that apparently cant handle what she gets herself into!"

This judge fails.

Mirage likes this.
  10. Blueyes

After the fact is kind of ridiculous but no judge in there right mind would not let her have child support considering what he did during the entire childs life.